To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Indian Springs Village, AL 35124
- Jon Auterson
- Phone: 205-326-0004
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Systems Administrator/Help Desk
ITAC Solutions, LLC • Indian Springs Village, AL
Posted 30 days ago
ITAC is assisting a local Birmingham organization in their search for an Help Desk/Systems Specialist. Our client is looking for a team player to help with their IT and peripheral systems support. This person should have a motivated, energetic attitude as well as experience in a help desk or system support role.
This person will work with end users to solve a variety of issues employees may encounter while using computer hardware, systems, servers, applications, and mobile devices to do business. This company is targeting sharp, well-rounded individuals who are both presentable and focused in technology customer service type environment.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a highly sophisticated products and support many functions from the ground service support level. You will interact with other IT professionals and support specialists, solving problems and helping the company advance towards goals and to make a difference!!
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Troubleshoots connectivity issues and problems with application functionality, coordinating with vendor support where necessary.
- Troubleshoots issues with computer hardware and peripherals, coordinating with vendor support where needed.
- Creates user accounts, sets access permissions, and removes access as necessary.
- Installs desktop and mobile applications both manually and using automated management tools.
- Performs add, move, and change functions relating to desktop phones and mobile devices.
- Works Help Desk tickets to resolve end user issues, documents work, and gathers information to determine the scope of problems.
- Evaluates end user requirements and participates in software selection and deployment planning.
- Participates in periodic disaster recovery tests to ensure business continuity.
- Installs IT equipment such as personal computers, printers, switches, and routers.
- Works with end users to troubleshoot application problems, correct service deficiencies, and provide training on IT-provided hardware and services.
- Manages projects such as site moves, working with internal stakeholders and coordinating with external parties such as telecommunications vendors to ensure smooth transitions.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Minimum of 2+ working years of hands-on experience with workstations, desktops, laptops, servers, printer/scanners, and server environment with a combination of certifications and Bachelor’s degree in a related field. (Degree a must)
- Preferred certifications – A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy functionality and configuration
- Experience working with Windows operating systems, Windows server platforms, Microsoft Office
- Experience working with network components, including Ethernet, Wi-Fi, TCP/IP, and VPN
- Experience in Active Directory administration, including security groups, group policies, etc.
- Experience supporting the use and operation of help desk software, hardware, and remote control assistance, server support, router and switches, firewalls, VoIP phones, tablets, personal digital assistants, and smartphones.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming support requests and phone calls related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and available of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes
- Plan, test and execute software deployments, security updates and system patches.
- Monitor systems proactively to identify potential and developing issues