To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Lead Software Engineer
Hilton Corporate • US-Nationwide
Posted 1 month ago
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is building the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
***The location for this position can be Memphis, TN;
McLean, VA; or Dallas, TX.***
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will apply your technical skills to maintain or enhance systems, methods, products, or techniques. You will work with build managers, architecture domains and IT disciplines as part of the Corporate Systems build team. You are a critically important technical resource deployed within the context of business technology solution delivery projects to ensure overall stability and performance of our world-class applications.
You will be expected to be fully conversant with complex software development concepts and methodologies and current development languages and methods. You will develop, test, debug, and document application systems to achieve the objectives detailed in the business requirements. You will bring to bear good technical and analytical skills, working closely with Build Managers, Solution and Platform Architects and multi-functional teams to use technical skill and judgment to develop solutions that meet business requirements for Hilton Worldwide applications and platforms
More specifically, you will:
- Maintain and enhance the Corporate Systems batch architecture/environment.
- Develop roadmaps for batch scheduling tools and platforms.
- Define and set standard methodologies for the Corporate Systems Build organization.
- Mentor team members to facilitate and guide the growth in technical disciplines incorporated at Hilton.
- Engage and work with Solution and Platform architects to drive solutions to complex problems in accordance with the strategic vision established by Technology Executives.
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Develops and integrates software as their main responsibility
- Assists with unit test, as required
- Provides production support by solving Incidents/Problems and participates in continuous improvement efforts
- Delivers maintenance and enhancements for existing software or packaged applications
- Adheres to coding standards/procedures and participates in code reviews
- Ensures that all solution development is aligned to architectural standards throughout the Agile development process
- Assists Tester in designing and ensuring overall integrity of the test plan
- Experience with ‘as a service' platforms or relevant hosting environments
- Direct experience developing similar solutions to the product supported
- Agile software development and relevant processes experience
- Experience with managing current code repositories utilized by organization
- Contemporary Agile development methodologies (e.g., SAFe)
- Applies software development knowledge to the current IT environment
- Agile problem-solving techniques and decision-making principles
- Works independently without significant oversight to follow requirements and develop solutions
- Ability to create a technical specification and product design from published requirements
- Demonstrates a mastery of the technology in use to code/configure quality solutions that require limited rework and meet business/end-user needs by adhering to standard methodologies
- Learns new technologies and expands skills
- Aptitude for effectively addressing any issue in collaboration with others
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years of software development/engineering experience
- Travel - 10% travel
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Nine (9) years of software development/engineering experience
- Proficiency in Unix shell scripting, Perl scripting, XML, Oracle DBMS, SQL Server DB
- Experience with Autosys batch scheduling tool
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!