To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Niles, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Learning and Development Specialist
AFN, LLC • Niles, IL
At AFN we hire the best of the best - visionary thinkers; people continuously looking to reinvent the way they do business and seek out new, creative solutions. Our high-performance team is driven, empowered, innovative and packed with self-starters. We provide our employees with the necessary tools and freedom to build their own career paths and discover success. AFN is committed to your personal success and offers the resources, programs and support needed to make it happen. We care about your professional growth and will help you achieve your goals. We offer a competitive base salary, aggressive incentive program and a comprehensive benefits package.
The Learning and Development Specialist will mold the competencies of individual employees by designing and conducting training programs for new hires that will be the foundation of employees' workplace performance in alliance with AFN's core values. The Learning and Development Specialist will be responsible for performing training needs assessments, designing and delivering curriculum and learning materials, and for managing all phases of training interventions.
- Assist management in identifying and assessing training needs within the organization.
- Collaborate with Floor Leaders to identify and assess training needs within the organization.
- Develop, organize, conduct and evaluate training programs and supporting materials.
- Manage and Promote Lunch & Learn (L&L) Calendar to ensure cross departmental focus.
- Meet with managers and supervisors to ascertain process improvement or procedural changes.
- Conduct meetings and facilitate presentations on learning materials as needed or requested.
- Plan, organize, and implement a range of training activities.
- Responsibilities will include training both new hires as well as tenured employees.
- Design and create training manuals, online learning modules, and course materials.
- Evaluate training effectiveness and modify training programs when necessary.
- Effectively work as a team player within the HR Team, as well as other members of Management.
- 2 - 4 years of experience working in the transportation, supply chain, logistics or related field
- Experience working in a customer service environment
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- APICS or other logistics/supply chain training certifications a plus
Skills and Capabilities:
- Extensive industry knowledge including verticals, seasonal shifts and market awareness.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Flexible, encouraging coaching style
- Sound decision making and organisational skills.
- Ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis and calculate training ROI.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques.
- Adequate knowledge of learning management software.
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Proven track record of relationship building.
- High energy level, proven motivator;
- Proven ability to juggle changing priorities;
- Able to work a wide variety of hours, including weekends, as needed
Who We Are:
Founded in 2003, AFN is an award-winning, third-party logistics provider focused on supply chain solutions and transportation services throughout North America. Serving motor carriers, manufacturers and retailers, we are known for our commitment to client services, our proactive approach to fighting cargo theft and our expertise in retail compliance. We specialize in creating customized logistics solutions for our clients, including full truckload, LTL, intermodal, high-value shipping, expedited services and outsourced transportation.
Along with professional tools and resources, AFN also provides a growing, team-oriented,and high energy culture. Here at AFN, we have casual dress code, Free Lunch Fridays, and an in-house gym to ensure we provide a fun, comfortable atmosphere that is also professional.
AFN is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA/M/F/V/D. No third party candidates please.
If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact us at 1-877-562-3236.