At Optum, we share what might be a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at OptumCare is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources and can-do culture—we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a Primary Care Physician to join our team with New West Physicians at Bear Valley Family Practice - Denver, CO.
New West Physicians, part of Optum, is a premier multi-specialty medical group in Denver, has multiple out-patient Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Specialist offices in the Denver Metro area.
- As a Primary Care Physician, you will provide full scope primary care services to pediatric, adult, and senior patients
- 36 hours of direct patient face time – 4 extended days a week, or 5 days a week
- Examine diagnose and treat patients for acute injuries, infections, and illnesses
- Counsel and educate patients and families about acute and chronic conditions or concerns
- Complete timely and thorough documentation using our EMR system
- Formulate diagnostic and treatment plans
- Prescribe and administer medications, therapies, and procedures
- Order lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provide advice on follow up
- Responsible for the coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services
- Maintain quality of care standards as defined by the practice
- Supervise Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner as needed
As an Employer of choice, we offer a full comprehensive range of benefits and attractive compensation package:
- Guaranteed Base and bonus potential
- Med/Den/Vis, STD, LTD, 401k with match
- Professional Liability
- PTO accrual
- CME Reimbursement
- Stock Purchase Option/Executive Savings Plan
- Physician Partnership Program
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Board certified Family Medicine Physician
- Must have completed an accredited residency in Family Medicine
- Active unrestricted Colorado Medical license, or able to obtain one prior to employment
- An unrestricted DEA and Controlled Substance License (or ability to obtain prior to start)
- Experience in providing patient care under a population health model
The New West Physician Story:
New West Physicians is a highly-qualified group of board certified Family Medicine and Internal Medicine Physicians, Hospitalists, Cardiologist, Endocrinologist, Gastroenterologist, Neurologist, Physician Assistants, and Nurse Practitioners who specialize in providing excellent care to patients. Since our inception in 1994, New West Physicians has grown to become one of the largest primary care group practices in the Denver Metro area.
Our mission at New West Physicians is "to enhance the physical, mental and spiritual health of communities we serve through an integrated, primary-care owned and patient centered healthcare delivery system". Through that mission and our vision of providing excellent service, every patient, every time has propelled New West Physicians to the top of many national awards. In 2015 New West Physicians was named AMGA's Acclaim Award recipient, a recognition bestowed annually on a medical provider that is deemed a premier role model for other healthcare delivery organizations nationwide. New West Physicians is the only medical practice in the nation with fewer than 150 doctors to receive this special honor.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The salary range for Colorado residents is $ $225,900.00 to $315,100.00. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum is a drug-free workplace. © 2020 Optum. All rights reserved.
Job Keywords: Primary Care, Family Medicine, Physician, Denver, CO, Colorado