About Irby and Sonepar USA
URL blocked - click to apply is one of the largest electrical distribution companies in the United States, with nearly $1 Billion in annual sales and over 900 employees across more than 60 branches in 25 states. Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. For more information, visit URL blocked - click to apply.
Own Your Expertise, And Your Future
Do you enjoy a good challenge? Great, because we value bold thinkers who are excited to take on challenging tasks. We strive to be the best and we share our success with our associates, customers, suppliers and shareholders.
We are looking for an Inside Salesperson to join our team. As an Inside Sales, you will work with the outside sales team, as well as other internal departments, to promote Irby products and services to utility customers.
Our ideal candidate is customer focused and enjoys interacting with customers on a regular basis to provide solutions to their needs while building relationships. As well as being very detailed focus. Our goal is to provide outstanding service to our customer by providing accurate quotes, orders and general information.
What you'll do:
Required Skills: What you need:
- Establishes or improves relationships with customers to better understand sales territory, and customer needs by phone, email, and customer visits
- Makes phone calls to current and prospective customers to solicit orders
- Resolves customer order problems and complaints promptly
- Acquires, uses and continuously develops personal technical knowledge of general and specialty merchandise items to assist customers and other company personnel
- Determines make, type, and quality of merchandise desired by being familiar with products sold in the department by use, vendor, location in warehouse, catalog and catalog number, other reference materials, and special selling points
- Identifies, uses and maintains appropriate company and/or customer pricing systems
- Work with Operational support team to ensure the timely delivery to meet customer expectations.
- Purchases materials
- Sells and promotes branch and company-wide promotions and specials as directed
WHY APPLY? WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO GAIN?
- Previous sales experience
- Industry experience is preferred but not required
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Able to work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to a fast pace changing environment and to approach challenges with creativity and resourcefulness
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Initiative and self-direction; can apply knowledge and make sound judgment to effectively resolve issues
A Challenging Opportunity with a Company that Cares About Its Most Valuable Asset: YOU!
Check out our benefits
- To work with an industry leader
- To use your skills and experience to grow your career; go anywhere you want nationwide, cross train into your dream job within a work culture that promotes and encourages associates to learn new roles and be recognized and rewarded for strong performance
- To have your true entrepreneur mindset rewarded with income and career growth opportunities
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Discounts and more. Irby is an M/F/Disabled and Vet EEO/AA employer
We are Irby - Powered by Difference
Attention To Detail