About Wells Fargo and Company
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Who We Are…
The Wells Fargo Technology Risk Management team is responsible for driving the execution and comprehensive view of risk across Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) and the firm by instilling a risk management culture where businesses are accountable for understanding and managing their risk. Technology Risk Management is organized around shared and divisional responsibilities to provide first-line-of-defense risk management support to drive the execution of the Technology Risk Management Program.
About Enterprise Information Technology (EIT)
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
We are seeking two (2) Operational Risk Consultants to join our team and provide risk consulting and oversight for the effort to encrypt data at rest in the Data Technology Group. This position provides a unique opportunity to assist with creating processes and controls to help ensure data protection processes are developed and executed in a reliable manner. This position will engage with multiple risk and control stakeholders/lines of defense across technology and the enterprise to enable a strong risk management practices and capabilities.
This role will become an active member of a large project team and help develop controls and conduct control effectiveness testing on these controls.
The environment continues to be one of heightened standards, raised risk consciousness and regulatory requirements. As the first line of defense, this role assures real risk reduction within the divisions, consistent with the Wells Fargo Vision & Values and risk appetite. This role will be responsible for the planning and execution of critical FLOD risk functions, in alignment with the Corporate Risk Model and EIT Risk Model.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
Other Desired Qualifications
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology audit and risk management
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Experience communicating with business partners and project managers
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor, (CISA) Certification in Control Self-Assessment (CCSA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional, (CISSP) or other risk management discipline certification
- Experience communicating in both written and verbal formats with senior executive-level leaders
- Information security experience
- Strong risk & control fundamentals, knowledge of frameworks and methodologies, common implementation challenges.
- Experience in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of procedures & controls.
- Experience in review & development of risk & control ratings.
- Experience in assessing risk, writing issues and developing appropriate corrective actions.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with senior management. This includes the willingness and ability to question decisions, understand direction and escalate issues, where necessary.
- Demonstrated experience with both strategic and tactical approaches to risk management.
- Track record of providing constructive challenge with appropriate issue escalation and offering solution
- Strong ability and experience working with and collaborating with leaders and team members at all levels and across functional lines.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Master Of Business Administration (Mba)
Benchmarking (Project Management)