Facility: TAYLOR STREET CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under close supervision, this position provides support and structure to residents in developing program plans by managing a caseload of client cases and administering the policies and procedures of the program as directed by the contracting agency and the Facility Director. Learns, uses and models the principles of the “What Works” system through evidence-based practices in all interactions with clients and other staff members. Trains and assists less experienced case managers.
This is a full time, 40 hour per week position. We work eight (8) hour shifts. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- May perform the duties of a Monitor including resident intakes, check-ins, breath analysis and drug screens, to provide backup when necessary.
- Prepares written personalized programs for each resident to establish measurable criteria of expected behavior and accomplishments and a time frame for achieving specified goals. Reviews plan with residents on a weekly basis and document progress or revisions so that they are gaining the life skills necessary to make a successful re-entry into the community.
- Assists residents to establish personal budget, locate suitable housing, enroll in educational and vocational programs and participate in family and community activities, as appropriate, to ensure that they are working towards financial independence.
- Monitors facility sanitation and safety. Assigns daily housekeeping chores to residents to comply with facility standards.
- May orient residents upon arrival at facility to provide smooth assimilation into program including having them complete paperwork, take facility tours, or introduce to other residents.
- Make entries into confidential resident files to provide the structure for case analysis and program planning and to provide documentation of program participation. Ensure files are secure to protect resident confidentiality.
- Assists Job Developers to verify residents' jobs to ensure residents' employment is suitable under established program plan. Counsels unemployed residents by providing guidance in obtaining employment in cooperation with the Job Developer.
- Verifies residents' pass plan through pass sponsorship according to contract so that the resident is accountable for his/her whereabouts in the community.
- Prepares terminal reports within established time parameters upon resident release to summarize program performance and to satisfy contract requirements.
- Participates in staff meetings by sharing observations and recommendations regarding the facility, residents and staff relations to identify and solve problems and function as a unified team.
- Maintains confidentiality obtained through job duties regarding employees, vendors, residents, and outside agencies so that sensitive information is only given on a "need to know" basis.
- Monitors client compliance with alcohol and drug counseling when required.
- Reports all program violations to the appropriate agency or official via the established reporting parameters.
- Conducts orientation meetings with new clients to explain program rules and regulations. Verbally explains the client contract in detail to ensure that the client understands his/her responsibilities. Installs electronic monitoring equipment on new clients when necessary.
- Sets client schedules and specifies all approved activities based on sentencing information. Approves temporary schedule changes for approved activities.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- Complies with work rules and policies as explained in the company Employee Handbook, and the Facility Policies and Procedures Manual; and responds positively to directives from managers and supervisors in a cooperative spirit to ensure conformance to standards.
- Adheres to attendance policy; work overtime as required, to ensure adequate coverage of the program and to ensure the safety and security of the residents.
- Complies with safety rules; take appropriate corrective action to ensure work is performed in a safe manner and without injury to self or others.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.