Company Job Title:
IHMP Hazardous Material Specialist
Chenega Job Title:
SCA WD Labor Category:
Environmental Technician #30090
Edwards AFB, CA
Non-Exempt, Full Time, SCA
Executive Order13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contractsprovide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position isaccepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume ofnon-incumbents will not be reviewed.
THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON BID AWARD.
- TheFence-to-Fence IHMP Hazmat Specialist willbe responsible for installation hazardous material management andadministration of EESOH-MIS, providing installation user training, providingother environmental compliance support. Also designated alternate HazardousWaste technician.
- Supportthe Installation Hazardous Material Manager (IHMM).
- Providetraining on the EESOH-MIS, data management, metric reporting, training,technical support for process authorization, assist the HMMP team.
- Followthe guidelines provided in the Hazardous Material Playbooks.
- Providetechnical support to ensure hazmat management and tracking occurs in EESOH-MIS.
- Assessmaterials to determine tracking level required (process specific, blanket, orexempt)
- Ensureall shops have a servicing Hazardous Material Pharmacy (HAZMART).
- Assessorganizational HAZMARTs to verify appropriate tracking of material.
- Reviewand comment on hazardous material documents on behalf of Shaw AFB.
- Providetraining in support of the IHMP; EESOH-MIS user training, Shop Familiarization,General HMMP Familiarization, and Government Purchase Card (GPC) training.
- Providetechnical support as the Installation Administrator for the EESOH-MIS.
- EESOH-MISSystem Authorization Access Request (SAAR) Point of Contact (POC).
- Developscustom reports to support environmental reporting requirements.
- Compiledata necessary to accomplish EPCRA reporting.
- Providesupport for installation Hazardous Waste sampling.
- Managehazardous waste in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Completeappropriate hazardous waste inspections
- Completeand maintain required training.
- Otherduties as assigned
MinimumQualifications:(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily.)
- Candidatemust have a high school diploma or a GED.
- Mustpossess a minimum of two years experience in hazardous materials management
- Mustpossess a minimum of two years experience in hazardous waste management
- URL blocked - click to apply
- Mustpossess a minimum of one year EESOH-MIS experience, or equivalent databaseadministration experience.
- Mustbe current in Hazardous Waste training requirements.
Knowledge, Skillsand Abilities:
- Experiencein DoD hazardous materials operations and tracking material receipt, storage,and issue is beneficial.
- Asolid understanding of Material Safety Data Sheets/Safety Data Sheets andHazardous Material identification and management is highly desirable.
- Musthave a valid Drivers License and qualify for the appropriate securityclearance.
- Abilityto follow established procedures and carry out assignments independently,although work is primarily in an office environment that is adequately lighted,heated, and ventilated, incumbents may be subjected to rain, cold, bright sunetc.
- Demonstrateknowledge of EESOH-MIS and/or relational databases.
- Solidknowledge of Microsoft software products is required to include Excel andAccess.
- Havea specific awareness of data quality related to databases and reportgeneration.
- EESOH-MISspecific training is a plus.
- Mustpass background check and have, or be able to obtain NACI.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands describedhere are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of thisJob, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employeeis frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reachwith hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb orbalance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally liftand/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this jobinclude close vision.
Work Environment: (Thework environment characteristics described here are representative of those anemployee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work ina temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure toelectronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas ofoperations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborneparticles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
ChenegaCorporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Nativepreference under PL 93-638.
Weparticipate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Material Safety Data Sheet
Emergency Planning And Community Right To Know Act