- 1 year of relevant experience in the physical security and hospitality field and industry
- Availability for shifts at 6 am to 2 pm, 2 pm to 10 pm and 10 pm to 6 am to provide 24-hour support, including weekends and holidays with occasional overtime
- Ability to spend eight-hour shifts both sitting at a desk and walking to patrol
- Ability to climb 10 flights of stairs at a time in case of emergency
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- 3 years of relevant experience in the physical security and hospitality field and industry
- CPR/First-Aid certification
As a Hotel and Events Security Officer, you will create and maintain a sense of safety and security for guests and team members while delivering unparalleled hospitality service professionally and courteously.
- Effectively monitor property and assets using a closed-caption surveillance system
- Monitor and control access to the property by auditing and creating access groups
- Patrol assigned areas frequently to detect unsafe conditions, security issues and inoperative safety equipment
- Generate shift logs identifying activity occurring during shifts
- Follow proper investigative procedures for loss of hotel assets by ensuring policy compliance, investigating loss claims from hotel and venue guests and conducting special investigations and surveillance of incidents such as internal and external theft
- Generate, review, store and maintain records and reports of all incidents
- Maintain knowledge of property activities and events to provide guests and tenants with information as requested
- Verify age and identification using an identification-verifying device to confirm all guests consuming alcohol are at least 21 years of age
- Deescalate any conflict situations to ensure the safety and comfort of all team members and guests
- Perform and enforce directives set forth by security leadership, including performing special details or assignments
- Perform health screenings, questions and temperature checks for visitors entering buildings
Who We Are
Rock Security offers 24/7 safety and security services and training to Rock Family of Companies team members, tenants and visitors. We’re proud to be part of collaborative public-private partnerships working toward the common goals of enhancing the safety of everyone who lives, works and visits Detroit, Cleveland and our other home cities.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
- Claim Processing
- Medical Emergency
- Microsoft Office