Empire Today Residential Sales:
At Empire Today, the Sales team is responsible for delivering an outstanding shop-at-home experience for our customers, bringing a variety of products and, more importantly, expertise, directly to the place where the flooring will be installed, helping our customers choose the right product for their needs in a way traditional flooring stores can’t. Our Sales Organization must therefore effectively on-board, educate, and support sales contractors to the highest professional level and ensure that every customer is given the best possible experience.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Multi-Market Sales Manager is a key member of the sales management team and has significant responsibility for the sales function and performance of their assigned markets.
The Multi-Market Sales Manager oversees, coaches, and supports the sales force to ensure achievement of revenue and growth plan for their markets. (S)he is a key contributor in working with the local markets’ Sales management team in the development and delivery of the markets’ daily, weekly, monthly, and annual Sales Plan, and is responsible for all activities related to Empire’s sales activities in their markets and for ensuring that Empire Today’s customers receive a superior sales experience while finding the right product for their home or business.
The Multi-Market Sales Manager’s duties include:
Deliver the business
- Beat the markets’ sales plan to over-deliver the markets’ revenue plan at acceptable margin levels
- Deliver outstanding customer experiences 100% of the time. Address and resolve any customer issues related to sales appointments
- Work with the sales rep schedules and allocate appointments
- Field phone calls from sales reps and help mentor, coach and facilitate their ability to close new orders
- Provide daily and weekly motivation and support to sales reps
- Plan and deliver weekly educational and hot topic meetings with all sales contractors
- Monitor and track key sales metrics; recommend and take actions to improve
- Participate in/lead sales and management meetings as scheduled
Develop the business
- Working with local management teams to forecast and deliver on monthly sales goals
- Forecast staffing needs and work with sales recruiters to recruit and hire new sales reps
- Meet with (physically or virtually) and assess new sales rep contractors
- Support Empire’s sales education program for newly hired sales reps
- Provide performance opportunities to sales reps
- Complete in-field ride-along assessments with sales reps to help improve their performance
The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in consumer sales or sales management roles, with prior experience in a route-based / outside / in-home direct sales environment and at least 3 of:
- a home improvement / high average ticket product that includes financing
- an environment that prioritizes a first-call close
- a high volume setting (4+ sales appointments per day and 10+ direct reports)
- a highly-leveraged compensation system (rep-level variable comp at 60% or higher of TAE)
- Minimum of 3 years sales management experience in a route-based / outside / in-home direct sales setting. Experience in multiple of the above settings is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability as a manager to repeatedly hit quota and grow territory revenue while achieving quality and productivity targets (and improvement)
- Demonstrated ability to improve team performance over time through recruiting, retention, and education
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Proficient computer skills with fluency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent oral and written communication and persuasive skills
Employees are eligible for numerous benefits including:
- Quick enrollment into our benefit plans. Eligibility is first of the month following just two weeks of employment.
- A premium 401K Investment Plan, with the company matching your amount invested dollar for dollar up to 4% with no vesting. Find another Company that can beat that!
- Medical Insurance with several plan options and a Health Savings Account to meet you and your family’s health needs.
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental Insurance – Twice a year visits at no cost.
- Vision Insurance with materials coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Dependent Care
- Wellness Program – A best in class program offering substantial awards payable right on your paycheck
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays including Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) that grows with years of service
- Empire Perks – An employee discount purchasing program offering you great savings on the things you want.
The company conducts a background check and drug screen for all new hires.
About EMPIRE TODAY®
Empire Today has been a leading provider of installed home improvements for 60 years. Empire offers the largest in-stock selection of flooring in the United States. Convenience, quality, and selection make Empire stand out. With Empire Today, homeowners and business customers can get quality Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate, Tile, Vinyl Flooring, and Window Treatments from top brands they know and trust. And because Empire warehouses thousands of products, customers can get the right product, professionally installed when they need it, as soon as the next day.
Empire was founded in 1959 and provides service to more than 70 metropolitan areas in the United States. With more than three million satisfied customers, Empire Today is dedicated to its mission of Making Beautiful New Floors Easy.
Empire Today is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
By Submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Empire Today to transmit and store your information in the Empire Today group companies’ world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies. By pressing apply and providing your telephone number and email address, you authorize Empire Today to contact you by email or telephone at the wireless or landline phone number provided using automated phone technology and/or text messaging. Message and data charges may apply. You may revoke consent at any time.