Sparton is a world leader in the design, development, testing and production of complex maritime electronic systems, including sonobuoys in support of Anti-Submarine Warfare, submarine deployed products supporting Undersea Warfare, and depth-rated encapsulated systems to support Subsea and Seabed Warfare.
The systems engineer will lead system and subsystem level design/requirements generation, development, decomposition, design analyses, operational concept definition, and traceability for the total system. Experience with the system development lifecycle, performing functional analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. Develop, specify, and verify system and software interface architecture block diagrams. Support the development of strategic and tactical plans for the design and implementation of cost effective and technically compliant new or modified architectures supporting future customer needs.
- Perform systems analysis and design
- Design Sonar and/or Maritime Acoustic technology / platforms
- Allocate, deploy and manage internal and external stakeholder/customer, system, and subsystem level requirements
- Manage changes to requirements, troubleshoot conflicts and understand impacts Support risk assessments and develop risk mitigation
- Lead peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents
- Lead and develop Whitepapers and Bid and Proposals
- Prepare system engineering and specialty engineering CDRL's
- Define control system interfaces - external/internal
- Develop functional, operational, physical, and interface architecture block diagrams
- Perform trade studies, investigate alternatives and provide recommendations
Required Education and Experience
- 4-year degree from an accredited university STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) preferably Electronics, Mechanical, Computer Science or Systems Engineering or related field OR a combination of education and relevant experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience working in an Electronics, Mechanical Computer Science or Engineering field (or MS +5 years of experience).
- CMMI, AS 9100 and ISO 9000 process development experience.
- Hands-on experience with the JAMA Connect or other modern requirements management tools
- Familiar with Jira for issue tracking and supporting Agile development methodologies, collaborating with Agile teams and support of team demonstrations
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and tools
- Capability to adapt to industry-wide used modeling and requirements management tools as needed
- Ability to integrate into a small, high-performing engineering team
- Must possess a high level of professional knowledge and skills to resolve product, process and system design
- Applied hands-on implementation expertise in product system architecture and requirements management tools
- Ability to properly manage customer expectations and clearly understand their requirements
- Ability to prepare successful customer proposals.
The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk and communicate, use hands/finger, feel and reach with arms. This position requires the ability to lift, bend or stoop as necessary up to 20 lbs.
SPARTON provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.