Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum seeks a Clinical RN Quality Consultant to ensure quality and patient safety standards are adhered to at Optum’s care delivery organizations. The Clinical RN Quality Consultant will be part of the national Clinical Performance team and will be accountable for achieving results primarily in an assigned region of the United States.
If you are located withinNW Pacific region, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Conduct desktop, virtual and on-site surveys to validate adherence to safety standards at Optum’s potential acquisitions, newly acquired acquisitions and integrated care delivery organizations
- Lead implementation efforts of safety standards through consultation, training and education at newly acquired care delivery organizations
- In collaboration with care delivery organizations, develop and drive implementation of remediation plans to resolve non-adherence
- Conduct frequent touchpoint meetings with accountable care delivery organizations to ensure action plans are in place for past due findings
- Validate remediation is complete and sustained
- Leverage critical thinking and clinical expertise to resolve accountable care delivery organization troubleshooting and escalated issues
- Actively participate in National Standard updates and various Practice Health and Safety initiatives
- Support program development through improving and creating program resources
- Facilitate presentations and reporting to clinical leadership and national program leadership
- Apply subject matter expertise in the area(s) of patient safety like infection control, medication management, lab services, emergency equipment, environment, and national patient safety goals
- Participate/lead safety improvement initiatives
- Develop relationships with local care delivery organizations
- Conduct quality assurance reviews of completed surveys to improve interrater reliability efforts
- Provide clinical expertise and support to clinical risk management team
- Promote a culture of safety
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing or heath care administration field
- Current RN License
- 5+ years of experience in clinical setting
- 3+ years of experience in program administration and/or clinical leadership roles
- Experience conducting assessments, surveys or audits
- Experience working in a matrixed environment
- Travel up to 50%
- Valid driver’s license
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Masters in Nursing
- Significant experience in a regulatory / compliance role within healthcare operations
- History of successful results in managing practice health and safety programs and/or initiatives for a large healthcare organization
- Ability to adapt quickly in a dynamic, high-growth environment
- Objective, collaborative, professional and personable approach
- Self-directed and effective while working remotely, requiring minimal direct supervision
- Understanding of complex issues facing health care professionals and ability to provide appropriate and situation-specific guidance
- PC and Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Outstanding analytical, organizational, problem solving and negotiating skills
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance standards
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, Nurse, Nursing, Clinical, Quality, Health, Health care, Healthcare, Optum, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, OptumCare, Los Angeles, CA, California, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada, Albany, Oregon, Arlington, WA, Washington, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting