Give your passion a purpose - Join our Home Instead Senior Care family where you can laugh, learn, and love! Home Instead Senior Care®
Full Time CAREGiver Job Description
Choice Services, Inc. d/b/a Home Instead Senior Care
The Full Time CAREGiver is expected to provide a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their homes. se services are meant to enhance the quality of life for seniors. A Home Instead CAREGiver will help clients and their families meet the challenges of aging with dignity, pride, care and compassion. The Full Time CAREGiver is also expected to be on call for shift work as scheduled, perform client to CAREGiver introductions and serve a role model and mentor to other CAREGivers. The Lead Full Time CAREGiver will also at times be assigned to administrative tasks, such as providing clerical and office support.
Our starting wage for this Full Time position ranges from $13.25 to $15 an hour, based upon experience.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Daily 7 AM to 10:00 PM availability with every other weekend off
- Work a full-time schedule
- Work every other weekend
- Reliable transportation, possess a valid driver’s license, possess valid auto insurance
- Travel throughout the entirety of our 14-county coverage area
- Proficient utilization of technology system including a Mobile App.
- Perform on call shifts as scheduled
- Perform CAREGiver to client introductions as scheduled
- Ability to work 3 holidays per year
- Ability to attend Quarterly CAREGiver meetings
- Ability to communicate on a weekly basis with immediate supervisor
- Ability to lift, push or pull maximum of 25 pounds
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel and reach
- Complete a criminal background check, DMV check, pre-employment drug screen, reference checks
- Ability to withstand exposure to dust, mold, mildew and cleaning solutions
- Ability to treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to adapt to various living environments and locations
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
- Reflect the core values of Choice Services, Inc. dba an independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchise
- Contribute to a positive living environment to enhance a client’s quality of life
- Document daily activities in Client Journal and report any significant changes in a client’s needs or living conditions
- Provide client to CAREGiver introductions
- Perform on call shifts as scheduled
- Provide training, mentoring, clerical and administrative support as assigned
- Maintain regular communication with immediate supervisor and office staff
Provide Companionship services which could include:
- Companionship and conversation
- Providing appointment reminders
Provide Home Helper services which could include:
- Preparing meals and cleaning up meal-related items
- Performing light housekeeping tasks (dusting, vacuuming, making beds, changing linens, cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, etc.)
- Washing and ironing laundry
- Running errands
- Accompanying clients to appointments
Provide Personal Care services which could include:
- Assisting with bathing
- Assisting with grooming
- Assisting with toileting and incontinence issues
- Assisting with dressing
- Assisting with ambulation, transfers, turning, and rolling
- Assisting with feeding
- Provide medication reminders
- Alzheimer's/Dementia Care
Provide Specialized services which could include:
- Advanced Alzheimer’s/Dementia Care
- Hospice Care
- Advanced Personal Care services
- Participate in company sponsored training and social events including CAREGiver meetings
- Report hours according to office policy
- Participate in ongoing Listen 360 surveys
- May require you to run errands and provide incidental transportation for a client using your vehicle or a client’s vehicle.
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned
- One year experience in home care, health care or senior-related industry preferred, an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Highschool degree
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Paid training and education to be successful as a CAREGiver.
- Competitive pay - $12.25 per hour for Part Time and a starting pay range of $13.25-$15 an hour for Full Time
- Rewarding and meaningful career - No two CAREGiving shifts are the same!
- Career path opportunities.
- Quarterly meetings that include celebration, education, recognition, and meal time fellowship with other CAREGivers.
- Supportive and responsive office staff.
- Verizon and Sprint cell phone discount.
- CAREGiver referral bonus program.
- Mutual of Omaha $500 discount on home buying closing fees.
- University of Phoenix 6% tuition reduction.
- Costco membership discount.
Join our Home Instead Senior Care family by applying today! homeinstead.com/104/careers
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.