To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dublin, CA 94568
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
After-School Math Teacher - Part-Time - Dublin, CA
Russian School of Mathematics • Dublin, CA
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RSM’s unique approach develops critical thinking and has built excellence in math since 1997. Recently featured by NPR and the Atlantic magazine as one of the players in the “Math Revolution” and ranked one of the best schools in the world by the Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth, RSM helps children of all levels build a solid math foundation and develop their critical-thinking and problem-solving skills. For nearly two decades, RSM students have consistently achieved remarkable scores on standardized tests and in national and international math competitions, although attaining top test scores is just one of the benefits of our program. RSM helps students of all levels become more confident in math and develop a deeper understanding of the subject.
The Russian School of Mathematics is hiring part-time Math Teachers in Dublin, CA. The school is open from 3:30 pm to 8:30 pm on weekdays and 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on weekends.
- Teach Mathematics in elementary or middle or high school grades
- Work closely with a mentor teacher to develop, plan and execute lessons that reflect RSM curriculum and teaching methods
- Provide a safe environment conducive to learning
- Promote and evaluate key critical reasoning skills as well as social and emotional growth
- Communicate with parents by maintaining records of academic performance, attendance and social acclimation
- Communicate with school managers to discuss the students’ progress and classroom atmosphere
- Attend training sessions organized by RSM.
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Science or others or Bachelor's Degree in Education. Students who are in a process of obtaining their Master or Ph. D degree in Math or related field or Education are also encouraged to apply.
- Math assessment is part of the interview to determine the grade level the candidate will be able to teach.
- Desire for professional development and training
- Ability and desire to make Math fun for children
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working with kids is a plus
Benefits of working for RSM:
- Extensive training on RSM curriculum and teaching methods
- Career growth opportunities in a fast growing company
- Opportunity to gain experience, working for one of the game-changers in math education
- Flexible, convenient hours – candidates can teach as little as 4 hours per week
- Permanent weekly schedule and already designed curriculum
- Teaching license is not required
RSM embraces diversity and is committed to attracting qualified candidates who also embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. RSM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer