POSITION SUMMARY: Collaborate with Vice President, Directors, Program Managers, Executive Assistants and Site Coordinator to provide for the overall front office and administrative functioning of the clinic. Coordinate office functions and supervise administrative and clerical support positions in support of clinic operations. Work on special projects assigned by Vice President and Program Manager(s) in charge of clinic and/or teams at a site.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Hire, evaluate, direct, coordinate and assign duties for administrative and clerical support positions in the clinic. * Provide for coordination of clinic and program needs. Perform a variety of administrative duties in order to ensure the smooth running of the clinic. i.e supplies, printer maintenance, new hire orientation, office moves. * Supervise the front office Administrative Assistants as well as the Day Porter and Child Watch Attendant positions. * Collect program data and maintain data base systems; may be required to sort, provide basic analysis, and report data for internal and/or external usage. * Maintain room reservations and schedule groups and meetings for internal staff.
- Coordinate and facilitate support staff meetings, and trainings as needed.
- Attend and participate in Program Managers meetings, team meetings and other meetings as necessary.
- Assist in new staff orientation, training and office arrangements. * Compose minutes at designated meetings; prepare and distribute as appropriate. * Receive and screen clinic and managerial telephone communications. * Provide front desk coverage. Schedule consumer appointments with psychiatrists, nurses, and other clinical staff. Collect co-pays if applicable. Input and extract data from the appointment scheduling system. * Provide support to Health Information Systems Management team by preparing and organizing documents for consumer medical records. With all consumer information, take proactive steps to ensure accuracy of records and confidentiality. * Coordinate the maintenance of other filing systems, databases, and perform data retrieval for staff and consumer information. Maintain and update the Administrative page on Sharepoint.
- Maintain organization and supplies stock in copy rooms throughout the clinic. * Sort and distribute incoming mail, and prepare outgoing mail.
- Provide support to staff and consumers in emergency situations: obtaining clinical support. * Perform other duties as assigned, based on the needs of the individual site/Program Manager.
High School Diploma or equivalent, some college preferred.
Minimum 2 of years Administrative Assistant experience. Supervisory and/or
human service/medical background is preferred.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
* Proficiency with word processing (60 wpm input speed) and computer spreadsheets (Word for Windows, Access, Excel preferred).
* Must also develop proficiency in STAR systems.
* Strong organizational skills, knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and word definitions.
* Ability to supervise and direct others in a positive and straightforward manner, using effective verbal and written communication.
Administrative and clerical support staff at clinic.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
May require occasional evening or weekend hours.
Provide Logistical Support