We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Greets and appropriately directs patients via phone calls or direct contact. Maintains waiting room. Performs front office duties as needed. Assists with all aspects of patient care as directed by nurses and physicians. Maintains examination rooms. Calls pharmacy with prescriptions, and patients with test results. Performs duites and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
- Provides patient care as directed by nurses and physicians.
- Draws blood, administrative expectations and other office procedures as required.
- Escorts patient to examination room and takes vital signs.
- Answers and screens telephone calls, verifying and setting appointments, routing calls and/or taking messages appropriately.
- Greets patients, takes or updates patient demographic information.
- Checks patients out, taking payments and posting charges/codes in computer.
- Calls in prescriptions, calls patients with lab, test results.
- Provides patient instructions.
- Maintains waiting room appropriately.
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program.
- Experience: AND two years experience or 4 years comparable experience customer service.
- Other skills & knowledge: AND computer skills required.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
MA/MR, Front Desk, MA, Clinic, Admin, Vital, Specialty, STL, St. Louis, Neuro, Neurology
Electronic Medical Record
Maintain Medical Record
Take Medical History