To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- La Quinta, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Mortgage Loan Officer - 1020 La Quinta
American Financial Network, Inc • La Quinta, CA
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
American Financial Network, Inc. ('AFN') is reshaping the mortgage industry from what it was to what it should be. AFN is a multi-billion dollar mortgage lender. We have a fast-paced, energetic sales force with an unstoppable marketing machine, and state-of-the-art technology that has propelled us to a Top Mortgage lender for 5 years running, Top 100 mortgage companies in America for the last 3 years, 50 best companies to work for in 2017, America’s Fastest Growing Companies the last 2 years and Top Mortgage Employer in 2017. Motivated employees from coast-to-coast are the reason we have been able to achieve these accolades. Fierce dedication to the company's winning principles, integrity, honesty and teamwork, gives AFN the edge to continually exceed the expectations of its employees and customers, and makes this a company people are proud to be associated with. These are the reasons AFN employees earned over $100 million dollars in 2016.
AFN’s La Quinta branch is currently looking for a Mortgage Loan Officer to join the team.
Under the direction of the Branch Manager the Loan officer evaluates, authorizes, or recommends approval of real estate, commercial or credit loans. Advise borrowers on financial status and payment methods.
- Responsible for the outside sales and origination of self-generated residential mortgages. Customarily and regularly involved in activities related to selling loans away from the office.
- Develop and maintain relationships with real estate agents, financial planners, individual borrowers and builders, etc.
- Accurately obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Responsible for proper adherence to legal regulatory and company policies/procedures.
- Follow proper risk audit and compliance controls to mitigate financial risk to the organization while maintaining an environment focused on quality customer service.
- Responsible for ensuring that outstanding service is delivered to our customer and clients.
- Perform business development activities to increase recurring production including: maintenance of a client database, client and customer calling/monitoring efforts and additional activities as proposed by management.
- Manage a loan pipeline and the loan process to ensure loans fund in a timely manner.
- Interact with various corporate functions i.e. legal & compliance, operations risk, underwriting, closing, technology, etc., to improve the loan servicing process, minimize risk and improve performance tracking and controls.
- Attendance requires regular, reliable and punctual attendance.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products to better meet customers' needs.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Submit applications to credit analysts for verification and recommendation.
- Analyze potential loan markets to develop prospects for new loans. Assist in defining existing loan products and developing new loan products to improve profitability and sales execution.
- Other duties as assigned.
Originate residential real estate mortgage loans. This includes obtaining applications as well as coordinating and assisting in the processing and closing of loans. The Loan Officer will develop and maintain existing client relationships as well as identify and pursue potential new customer opportunities. Responsible for making sound decisions based on a mixture of data analysis resources and experience, use rigorous logic, seek complete course of action in decision making, and articulate recommendations in writing and verbally. Consistently meet or exceed company goals, and meet and maintain all licensing requirements including continuing education.Qualifications
- Two to three years of experience as a loan originator.
- NMLS state and federal.
- Knowledge of conventional and/or government guidelines.
- Knowledge of processing, underwriting and/or closing procedures/federal lending regulations governing real estate lending.
- Teamwork and customer service oriented.
- Self-motivated and highly organized.
- Familiar with FHA and HUD guidelines.
- Strong computer skills including MS applications and previous experience utilizing laptop technology for communication purposes including accessing rate, credit and loan status information.
- Solid time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences.
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives.
- Professional and effective interpersonal skills.
American Financial Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity Employer.