To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Richmond, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Electronic Technician II
Chenega Corporation • Richmond, VA
Posted 9 days ago
CHENEGA SECURITY INTERNATIONAL, LLC
Company Job Title:
Electronic Security Technician II
Chenega Job Title:
Electronics Technician Maintenance II
SCA WD Labor Category:
Electronics Technician Maintenance IIClearance:
Ability to obtain Secret/Top SecretLocation: Richmond, VA
Non-Exempt, Full Time, SCA
Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.Summary:
The Electronic Security Technician II applies basic and some advanced technical knowledge to solve routine problems by interpreting manufacturers’ manuals or similar documents, industry experience and local and national code requirements. Work requires familiarity and the understanding of various types of circuits with good judgment in planning work, sequence, selection of appropriate tools, testing instruments, industry best practices/standards, and may be reviewed for compliance against the quality control installation and servicing plan. This technician works under immediate supervision and should request technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reading, understanding, adhering to blueprints and installation design plans for the installation or maintaining of sub-level devices (i.e. patch panels, junction boxes) and head end equipment
- Reading and understanding, adhering to component level schematic diagrams for systems, equipment and devices
- Identifying appropriate cables from drawings, cable summaries or other such documents and running cables/fiber per installation design plans
- Able to read, interpret and understand designs or other ESS related documents
- Repairing and maintaining all types of electronic security system equipment
- Ability to installing a varity of ESS systems and devices to include but not limited to ACS/IDS, CCTV, VMS, Intercom, Blue light, Card Access Readers, Keypads, Door Contacts, Motion/Glassbreak Sensors, Electronic Locking Hardware, Request to Exit Devises, and Cameras
- Preparing and installing cable pathways & spaces
- Cable testing. (i.e. VOM/Multi-meter, Continuity tester, TDR, OTDR)
- Cable pulling In Accordance With (IAW) industry best practices and enforceable codes (i.e. 18-2, 22-4, RG59/6, Cat5e, Fiber Optics and composite cables)
- Performing field verification testing
- Experience with maintenance management system and software
- Terminating and testing voice data connections and POTS lines
- Fiber Optic termination and splicing
- Ability to troubleshoot / solve issues on your own
- Adhering to all Company and Client policies and procedures
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time as required
Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- At least three to five years' experience in commercial/industrial or government electronic security installation & troubleshooting is required with a high school degree Or
- At least three years’ experience coupled with Graduation from an Accredited Electronic Technician / Electrical Apprenticeship Program with a high school degree; Or
- At least two years' experience with an AA/AS in Electronics from an accredited program; Or
- At least one year experience with BS/BA in Electronics from an accredited program
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Must have personal transportation
- Must live within 50 miles of a Chenega office or that of the program or project assigned
- Must willing to travel up to 25 percent of the year if required
- May include random drug screening upon request.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be proficient with Test Equipment (i.e. VOM/Multi-meter, TDR, and OTDR).
- Must have skill level II Hand Tools (a complete list of required tools will be provided)
- Multiple ACS/IDS, CCTV platforms, ie.Software House and C-CURE, Lenel, MDI, BOSCH, DMP, HIRSCH or as required.
- Must have knowledge of basic network architecture and troubleshooting
Must understand the basic skill sets of soldering, crimping, labeling and terminating various cable types with the appropriate connector(s).
OSHA 30 Training required.
Safety/First Aid Training
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.