Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we’re committed to more – more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what’s important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
Primary Objective: In broad terms, briefly state the major purpose of primary objective of this position.
- Under minimal supervision, responsible to create quality seams. Work with helper to ensure all quality. Responsible for oversight of helper’s final work. Work with internal departments to execute plans that will be most beneficial to the customer as well as most profitable for Mohawk.
Major Function and Scope: Using brief narrative statements, describe each major function of responsibility explaining the scope of the function as appropriate.
- Must be proficient in mathematics as it relates to carpet layouts, pattern repeats, and yardage calculations.
- Must be able to read, measure, and comprehend blueprints.
- Must have effective communication skills to work efficiently with internal departments, customers, and installers.
- Must be able to handle multiple conflicting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work under the pressure of a very fast paced, technical environment.
- Must be available to work 8 to 10-hour shifts and be available for weekend work when necessary.
- Review production worksheets for correct widths, sizes, and yardage; if off borders and corners and if runners, verify repeats and feasibility.
- Review proposal to the order for base, width, backing, etc.
- Review pattern repeat in conjunction with production widths, etc.
- Verify usage for patterns with restrictions.
- Double check the flow of the patterns and that all patterns are running in the correct direction.
- Perform any other duties as required by management.
Type of Experience and Knowledge:
Knowledge, Experience, Competencies and Supervision: Describe the education, knowledge required, years of experience, specific skills and abilities required to do the job on a fully competent basis.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required.
- Ability to understand/explain and utilize plans.
- Ability to recognize pattern repeat issues.
- Basic understanding of carpet installation, transitions, seaming, etc.
- Able to translate/understand planning and estimating information into order format and vice versa. (Does the order meet the requirements from the estimate and is it feasible and properly documented and entered?)
- Must be able to work across multiple organizational entities within and outside department.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures related to department activities.
- Experience operating a lift truck. Lift Truck Certification required upon job placement.
Competencies: Describe the specific skills required for this position in terms of technical, managerial, interpersonal skills and unique abilities.
- High degree of skill and ability to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Able to make decisions in a clear, concise manner dealing with complex orders and high dollar volume
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to interpret and follow verbal and written instructions, policies, guidelines and processing standards.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal relationship building skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work in a safe and conscientious manner.
Associates Supervised: Indicate the numbers of associates that report to this position (only complete for exempt supervisory/managerial positions).
Other Pertinent Job Information: (Such as: American with Disabilities Act- ADA requirements for certain hourly positions).
Disclaimer: The information on this description was prepared by Compensation and department management and is designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must also be able to work in non-climate controlled facilities. May be required to work a flexible schedule to include evening, night shifts, weekends and holidays.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
Complex Problem Solving
Attention To Detail