ProPath, one of the largest completely physician owned pathology practices in the country, seeks a Pathologist Assistant to join our thriving practice. This position is based at our 85,000 square foot campus and corporate office in Dallas. ProPath is a nationally recognized practice founded in 1966 and has nearly 50 physicians and PhD’s on the team.
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours: 8:00 PM - 5:00 AM
Pathologist Assistants are responsible for the accurate description of specimens received in the laboratory and the correct dissection of such specimens for microscopic diagnosis. Contribute to the overall efficiency of the laboratory in a cost effective manner by performing a variety of tasks, consisting primarily of gross evaluation of surgical pathology specimens.
Duties that are performed regularly to accomplish the purpose of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, but rather a general description of the work performed by this position.
- Review clinical information provided to determine what pathologic examination is pertinent.
- Examine the gross specimen with knowledge of pathologic conditions that may be present and the questions that must be answered.
- Perform gross description and dissection of specimens received.
- Select pertinent tissue samples for slide preparation, providing diagram of specimen and dissection of specimen.
- Dictate the findings in a clear, complete, sufficient manner.
- Photograph specimens prior to and/or after dissection, when requested and/or indicated for case records.
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Handle routine bio-hazardous and or chemical hazardous material.
- Verify processing personnel have correctly numbered all specimens and accompanying requisitions.
- Maintain general appearance of the laboratory.
- Comply with all OSHA laboratory safety standards and regulations.
- Participate in applicable safety training sessions.
- Know the location and contents of the safety manual and safety equipment.
- Review/train for new procedures.
- Attend department meetings.
EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE:
Must have a high school diploma. Degree from a NACCL-accredited Pathologist’s Assistance program is preferred. AAPA Fellowship/ASCP (PA) certification preferred. Those without a degree must be able to provide documentation showing eligibility under CLIA requirements for high complexity testing.
One year of experience as pathologist assistant is preferred.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
Highly complex. Requires skilled judgment and accuracy for precise dissection and subsequent submission of specimens to be processed for diagnosis by pathologist.
Routinely works with chemical/biohazardous material. All safety policies and practices must be followed and are a condition of employment. Part of work day spent at a computer workstation using a keyboard and mouse.
ProPath offers employees a full benefits package that includes: medical, dental, a matched 401K plan and much more!
Don’t Follow the Leader! Join the Leader!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)