PDS Tech is seeking Supervisors of Production Workers in Charlotte, NC (2nd shift).
- The shift supervisor is responsible for all aspects of the assembly of our Water Cooled Chillers. The supervisor is expected to coordinate the efforts of the production technicians along with support functions to build a quality product in a safe environment. This position requires a hands-on person who is willing to engage with the assembly technicians to continuously exceed both our internal and external customers on a daily basis.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Develop and lead a team to achieve safety, operations, quality, and continuous improvement goals through training, coaching, performance management and effective communication
• Able to motivate and lead employees
• Champion the use of lean manufacturing tools to reduce downtime, improve quality, reduce scrap and achieve labor efficiency targets
• Implement product and engineering changes successfully
• Model and promote adherence to environmental, health and safety policies and initiatives
• Monitor work order progress and drive quality and timeliness of completion
• Maintain timecards and overtime records for staff
• Strong background of supervising staff in high volume manufacturing setting
- Strong background of supervising staff in high volume manufacturing setting
- Ability to make suggestions and informed decisions quickly
- Possess strong organizational, leadership and time management skills
- Highly motivated and possesses superior follow-up and follow-through skills
- Must be willing to work required overtime which is frequent on Fridays and occasional on Saturdays.
- Minimum 2-year proven shop floor operations leadership / supervisory experience in a multi-functional manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a rapidly changing, intense, and demanding environment
- Computer proficiency, specifically with Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, ERP/MRP systems
- Ability to understand and interpret process documents, blueprints, and engineering specifications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build effective working relationships, influence and problem-solve complex issues
- Computer proficiency in systems including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing / Technology, or equivalent preferred
- Working knowledge and advanced training in Lean manufacturing concepts and techniques with significant exposure to a Kanban-managed supply chain.
- Proven ability to develop and enhance an organization, including the formal development of direct reports
- Experience supervising hourly production associates
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Supervisors of Production Workers $$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
- Business Process Improvement
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Enterprise Resource Planning