To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
160 South Industrial Boulevard
Calhoun, GA 30701
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Continuous Improvement Program Manager
Mohawk Industries • Calhoun, GA
Posted 3 days ago
The role will be responsible for productivity initiatives across back-office functions, applying proven methods (Lean Six Sigma) and technologies to deliver fast-turn, high ROI results. The position directly manages interns, analysts, and outside contractors while working closely with senior business leaders and being accountable for 15-20 active projects at any given point in time.
- Manage Continuous Improvement Resources:
- Hire, train, and coach Lean interns, analysts, and RPA architects. Hold them accountable for project deliverables, risk management, and customer communication.
- Manage external project managers and RPA developers for all outsourced projects (typically 5-10 projects in parallel).
- Justify and secure capital funding for projects, and control spending vs plan.
- Develop the optimal strategies balancing in-sourcing, out-sourcing, speed, and cost.
- Deploy Lean Six Sigma and Robotic Process Automation:
- Be the go-to resource for business units and team members for process improvement.
- Lead three-day Sprint (kaizen) events to generate RPA projects and eliminate non-value-added work.
- Develop policy for deciding RPA vs Shared Services vs No Action in relation to opportunities uncovered.
- Conduct formal training for functional leaders and subject matter experts.
- Ensure that projects are properly scoped for success.
- Lead strategic initiatives involving IS and business leaders to constantly assess and evaluate RPA technology options.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, MIS, or engineering
- 3 – 5 years of lean experience
- Proven track record for delivering strong results across multiple areas in parallel
- Hands-on experience in training and mentoring in Lean Six Sigma
- Hands-on experience in delivering successful RPA solutions
- Advanced proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint, and the Internet.
- Experience justifying and managing capital projects
- Strong math and analytical skills to perform math calculations, interpret, adapt, known methods, system procedures or operating concepts to new situations
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal, and presentation skills to effectively interact with Mohawk’s management personnel, internal population, and external business contacts
- Self-driven and motivated, with attention to detail and accuracy. Demonstrates initiative with a clear business purpose in mind
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and handle multiple tasks with concentration, speed, and accuracy to meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise good judgment and resourcefulness in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve business issues through solution-oriented projects
- Lean analysts / RPA architects – 2 direct reports
- Lean interns – 3 direct reports
- External contractors – 5 developers / project managers
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.