Jacobs is looking for an FPGA Design Engineer to join our core sensor processing engineering team. Candidates must have a strong technical background and be capable of coming up to speed on new technologies quickly.
This is a mid-level cross-functional engineering position, supporting the development of our sensor processing systems (ground, underwater, air and space). Our products incorporate custom logic designs using FPGAs and CPLDs. In this role, the engineer will be responsible for the creation, simulation, and validation of SDAccel/OpenCL, HLS and RTL based designs, including both digital and DSP/Waveform functionality. In addition, the engineer will be expected to work closely with hardware and software engineers to ensure designs can be successfully integrated into the larger system.
The FPGA Design Engineer is responsible for:
- Designing and testing complex, high speed, FPGA designs implementing DSP algorithms for sensor processing applications.
- Implementing ML/AI models on FPGAs using Xilinx SDAccel.
- Implementing GNU Radio OOT processing modules on FPGAs.
- Translating requirements into FPGA architectures.
- Implementing and documenting FPGA designs using HDL (System Verilog, VHDL, etc.).
- Supporting systems integration and testing.
- Developing simulations of designs for verification.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or closely related field and minimum five years related experience.
- Ability to obtain/maintain a TS/SCI level security clearance.
- FPGA design experience using Verilog, VHDL or System Verilog languages.
- Experience with ModelSim simulation tools.
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink for development of DSP algorithms implemented in FPGAs.
- Experience with Xilinx development tools.
- Experience with high speed interfaces: Ex. AXI, PCIe, Xilinx Aurora, JESD-204B, 10/40G Ethernet, XAUI, etc.
- Experience with physical synthesis, static timing analysis, power analysis for FPGAs.
- Ability to perform analysis, studies/trade-offs in support of subsystem specification, hardware, FPGA and software.
- Demonstrated digital signal processing and FPGA waveform implementation knowledge.
- Familiarity or experience with GNU Radio.
- Experience in architecting or designing and test platforms for FPGA verification on hardware, including developing and writing software for testing, e.g. C, C , Python, etc.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.
- Masters degree in electrical engineering or computer science
- Experience with SDR, modulators/demodulators, forward error correction, SAR, etc.
- Experience with digital PCB design.
- Experience with Xilinx System-on-Chip devices: Zynq MPSoC, Zynq RFSoC FPGAs
- Experience with scripting tools and languages such as Make, Tcl, or Python
- Experience with C/C , bash, Python programming, etc.
- Experience implementing DSP algorithms in C/C for Xilinx high level synthesis (HLS) tools or SDAccel and OpenCL.
- Satellite Communication experience
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ] .
- Advanced Microcontroller Bus Architecture
- Artificial Intelligence
- Bash (Scripting Language)
- C (Programming Language)
- Computer Engineering