Job Summary: The Dispatch Supervisor is responsible for performing the day-to-day activities of the Dispatch Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing this facility, and as may be directed by the Dispatch Manager to assure that the Dispatch Department is run in a safe, efficient, and proper manner.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Schedule drivers on routes daily
2. PTP and put up tickets looking for any rush or problem tickets that did not get handled
3. Handle any issues with pick tickets (RCE, PLRC) or parts that did not get delivered on time
4. Manifest the driver pick tickets
5. Communicate with external customers
6. Operate and run reports with the GPS system
7. Manage time off requests and Kronos
8. Schedule maintenance on vehicles and or break downs with mechanic (s)
9. Sign off on bills for maintenance and schedule rentals when/if needed
10. Ensure we are compliant with drivers and paperwork for DOT
11. Handle discipline issues and any drivers under probation because of their MVR and LKQ points
12. Ensure the vehicle checklist and driver log in has turned in each day
13. New hire paperwork for driver (s) and training including LKQU, ISO and DOT
14. Order RMA, Hot core and core purchase books
15. Handle or delegate getting vehicle tags, Gas pins, vehicle keys, DOT inspection, DOT physicals, and emission inspections.
16. Filing (vehicle records, PTO, etc)
17. Other duties as assigned
Basic Qualifications (Minimum Required Experience, Education, Knowledge/Skills/Abilities, Essential Physical Demands):
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: Must be organized with good verbal communication skills and display a positive and friendly attitude. Must provide superior customer service.
MACHINE, EQUIPMENTS AND SOFTWARE: Multi-line telephone system, copier, fax machine, and other general office equipment including knowledge of Microsoft Office computer software.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: Must have the ability to sit, stand, bend, lift 50 lbs, and move intermittently during 8 hour working period daily. Must be able to deal with constant interruption.
Decision Making Examples:
Must be able to work independently.
Must possess strong analytical abilities. Must have knowledge of car parts.