Irvine Scientific, a member of Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, is a worldwide leader in the innovation and manufacture of cell culture media, reagents, and medical devices for researchers and clinicians. The company provides unrivaled service and quality to scientists working in cell therapy and regenerative medicine, assisted reproductive technology and cytogenetics, and industrial cell culture for the large- scale production of biotherapeutics and vaccines. Irvine Scientific adheres to both ISO and FDA regulations and operates dual cGMP manufacturing facilities in California, USA, and Tokyo, Japan. The company’s consultative philosophy combined with expertise in cell culture and compliance provides customers with unique capabilities and support. For over 45 years, Irvine Scientific has remained uniquely flexible and focused on media while becoming a strategic global leader in media products and services. Additional information can be found at www.irvinesci.com.
We are hiring for a Supply Planner. The Supply Planner owns the processes around executing raw material and finish good inventory requisition for purchase, manage change by exception, and modeling/projecting inventory levels. In addition, the Supply Planner will support Irvine Scientific growth by driving improved inventory turns, hitting target service levels, and controlling the creation of excess inventory. To be successful, this individual will be required to move easily between systematic modeling, tactical analysis, and detailed execution of work plan. The Supply Planner will need to possess a strong combination of leadership, analytical, and communication skills.
- Lead the Supply Planning Review Process (SPR) within Operations & Quality
- Partner with Demand Planner on demand & supply scenario modeling
- Develop 12-18 Month Production Projections and Aggregate Plant Capacity review
- Develop supply planning metrics and process KPI
- Model, establish, and track safety stock levels to hit service level targets
- Accountable for all RM & FG planning and requisition placement in Jeeves
- Oversee the analysis and projections of Excess & Obsolescence (E&O) & Scrap Reporting and work with manager to develop action plan for improvement opportunities
- Partner with Quality in Material Review Board (MRB) committee
- Partner with Sourcing to identify and resolve constraints as well as help drive lead time improvements with suppliers
- Partner with purchasing to determine expedite needs and cancellation requests of materials
- Oversee the planning value review process and analysis with various departments and ensure accurate values are populated in Jeeves planning data tab
- Minimum a Bachelor Degree with concentration in Supply Chain, Operations, Mathematics, Economics, Purchasing, or related science or finance industry
- Master Degree is highly desirable
- APICS or ISM Certification is preferred but not required
- Minimum 5-6 years of planning experience in similar or equivalent role is preferred
- Life sciences experience or regulated industry experience is beneficial
- Supply Planning experience in Jeeves ERP or other related inventory planning tools preferred
- Competent and knowledgeable in utilizing best practices in inventory management, APICS, or other Supply Chain organization experience is preferred
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Expert level Microsoft Excel and database reporting skills is a plus
- Ability to identify and evaluate key supply issues for the company and develop alternative solutions to meet KPI goals
Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Supply Chain Management
Enterprise Resource Planning