To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6655 Rookin Street
Houston, TX 77074
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Network/Security Engineer
ALS • Houston, TX
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.Responsibilities
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for:
- Network design, architecture, configure, install, maintain and upgrade network infrastructure across the APAC region (sites and data centres)
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and to restore services.
- Produce technical designs for new and existing environments
- Develop, maintain and publish network topology diagrams
- Ensure performance monitoring and optimization, and continuous improvement of relevant technologies
- Provide all levels of support for network services within the Global Network team
- Ensure that all relevant hardware is maintained at the firmware/patch levels required
- Future network design of the IT Infrastructure and applications based on-premise, co-location and externally hosted
- Priority one and outage response, planning and post incident reviews
- Lifecycle planning and execution for maintenance, patching, updates, upgrades across multiple systems/platforms
- Network utilization investigations and reporting
- Active ownership for:
- Data network speed and user experience
- Voice and call quality
- Network system uptime
- Security response and reporting
- Capacity and availability management and planning
- Provide recommendations, manage and design environments to meet service expectations for capacity growth, high availability, automatic failover, disaster recovery, role/load/time-based capacity management,
- Responsible disaster recovery and continuity planning
- Contribute and manage ALS Site/DC rack configuration and UPS management
- Deploy, manage and maintain appropriate hardware/software to ensure compliance with company security practices
- Creation and maintaining documentation including policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, detailed design and as-built
- Change Management
- Hands on analysis and resolution of users and technical problems (BAU incidents and problems)
- Always seeking continuous improvement opportunities and an automation mindset
- Knowledge Sharing, documentation and staff mentoring
The Senior Network/Security Engineer has the following Quality responsibilities:
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of the ALS Quality management system
The Senior Network/Security Engineer has the following Safety responsibilities:
- To be familiar with the safety requirements as set out in the safety manual.
- To have a knowledge of the company safety policy.
- To notify and/or rectify any unsafe practice acknowledged by any ALS staff member.
- Behave in a manner which does not endanger the health and safety of yourself, other employees or contractors
Essential Skills, Experience & Knowledge:
- 8-10 years’ experience supporting a large global multi-site (+50) commercial cisco-based environment
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP. CCIE qualifications (Voice/Data)
- Tertiary qualification in IT and/or extensive practical experience
- Strong understanding of security principle and best practice
- Proven experience with architecting, planning, migrations, implementations, administration, upgrades and troubleshooting of the following technologies/solutions in a multi-site commercial environment:
- Cisco switches, routers and wireless technology
- CheckPoint Firewall configuration and upgrades
- CheckPoint IPS/IDS
- ZScalar management
- VPN – Cisco AnyConnect/BT Pulse Secure
- Azure VPN, ExpressRoute
- Cisco VOIP (& traditional PABX)
- Skype for business voice and video
- Cisco MX300/800 telepresence units
- SolarWinds configuration and management
- WAN, LAN, VLAN, WIFI, VPT, STP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP & MPLS
- Network load balancers
- Access technologies (IPCG, WebVPN, ADSL, BDSL, 4G, NBN, Ethernet and Fibre services)
- Network traffic policy
- Citrix NetScalers
- Advanced Visio and Word documentation skills
- Experience with global telecommunication providers
- Experience in security practices / ISO:27001 compliance
- Pro-active change management with customers ensuring minimal outages and impact to customer services
- Experience with industry frameworks such as ITIL, Prince2, PMBOK
- Proven problem diagnosis / troubleshooting skills
- Ability to evaluate, develop and implement innovative technologies and processes
- Experience in IT Service Management platforms – eg ServiceNow
- Exceptional communication skills
- Capability to develop documentation for technical and non-technical staff
- Demonstrated customer service skills, able to work cooperatively with ICT and business users at all levels. Experience working with and managing external vendors
- Ability to take initiative, work autonomously and within a team
- Able to manage conflicting deliverables and priorities to achieve agreed deadlines
- Availability to work out of business hours due to the nature and responsibility of the role
- Participation in on-call rotation within the operations team
- Availability to travel (domestic/international) as required
- Other duties consistent with the position where required and/or requested by the business
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster