Certified Medical Assistant AdventHealth Gordon - Owasa
Location Address: 1350 Red Bud Road Calhoun, GA
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Gordon
Five-star Rating, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Top 100 Community Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review
Top 100 Rural Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review
Located in the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains
Co-workers that feel like family
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Places the patients in the examining room ensuring they are as comfortable as possible.
- Performs EHR intake entry by going over medication lists, allergies, and other pertinent information required by the provider. Obtains vital signs, secures complaint, and enters the information into patient’s electronic medical record. Follows current Meaningful Use regulations in regard to “Computerized Order Procedure Entry”.
- Assists Physicians/Providers with examination and treatment of patient and is always accessible to them.
- Assists physicians and/or PA/CNP in office surgeries using appropriate sterile procedure guidelines to ensure non-contamination of sterile field. Sets up procedure equipment and/or appropriate procedure/surgical instrument tray.
- Performs phlebotomy and laboratory tests as required by the physicians or physician assistants and in accordance to state and federal regulations, including CLIA. Routinely reviews all policies and procedures regarding CLIA Waived testing. Passes all quality assurance protocols at directed by the CLIA, via the assigned Lab Director for the clinic in coordination with hospital lab services and quality control requirements.
- Screens telephone calls for the Physicians/Providers. Takes accurate clinical messages within the limits of her knowledge and practice policy. May answer routine patient inquiries with respect to medical questions within the limits of knowledge, as directed by Physician/Provider, and clinic policy.
- Performs triage duties according to practice protocols and as scheduled by the Clinical Supervisor.
- Ensures that all equipment in exam room is clean and properly set up prior to each patient encounter.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- BLS/CPR required
- 6 months customer service experience in medical office preferred
- Certification as Medical Assistant
The Certified Medical Assistant works under the direct supervision of the physician, mid-level licensed provider, and in cooperation with other office staff in assisting with safe and effective patient care in compliance with established standards and protocols of Gordon Physicians Group, Gordon Hospital, and Adventist Health Systems’ goals and objectives.
Responsible for routine back office functions including the maintenance of patient flow, exam room preparation and turnover, bringing patients back to exam room, taking and recording basic medical history, and assisting the physicians and/or nurse as needed.
Responsible for retrieving, routing, and assisting with provider/nurse messages in regard to patient telephone calls, messages, and call backs; appointment scheduling; and prescription refills as directed by the physician and/or provider.
Additional responsibilities include clinical compliance in sterilization techniques, sample medication oversight and compliance, OSHA requirements, and any other compliance standards required within the clinical realm of the practice.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Basic Life Support
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Clinical Works
- Customer Service
- Health Care