To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Richmond, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Customer Communications Analyst III (National IT Services Delivery)
Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond • Richmond, VA
Posted 10 days ago
Develops and executes on strategic and comprehensive communications across multiple media platforms with the goal of engaging and educating myriad and diverse audiences. This includes developing communications plans and deliverables that enhance understanding, influence constituents, foster a positive image of the organization, and manage reputational risks. Provides planning and execution support for messages and ensures alignment with organization messages.
Maintains, refines and coordinates communication documentation and processes through close interaction with IT leaders including the Federal Reserve System’s Senior Leadership. Coordinates, controls, and monitors varied activities related to assigned function. May direct work of other analysts in collection and analysis of data. Provides general analytical support to projects with basic to medium complexity that may potentially have far-reaching results.
*Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports the organization’s interactions with other IT divisions in support of the IT Strategic Plan, High Priority Objectives and other executive and business communications
• Supports the Division’s Executive team in preparation of governance presentations, Reserve Bank executive communications and presentation messaging aimed at audiences outside of IT and the Federal Reserve, such as foreign national banks and IT entities
• Proactively manages communications planning for projects so as to integrate communication aspects into the initial project plan as early as possible. Identify opportunities for improvements and effective communications. Using existing communications planning tool, identify audiences, key messages, timing, and approach to maximize communications efficiencies in support of each project. This also applies to initiatives, internal improvement opportunities, process re-engineering efforts, etc. that may not be large enough to be an official project
• Provides guidance to leaders and staff to integrate communications strategies and messaging across delivery channels
• Supports development of multimedia and web communications to ensure business needs and objectives are met
• Participant in cross-functional team initiatives involving development of creative communication solutions
• Maintains overarching understanding of major initiatives and High Priority Objectives so as to quickly connect dots, provide integration points and execute on requests by leveraging knowledge of efforts to the betterment of any one project’s communications
• Effectively partners with other stakeholders and performers to execute communication deliverables in support of projects and the Strategic Plan
• Manages a blog as it serves as the central point of information for news; draft and manage approval for all content, including general web content
• Translates moderately complex subject matter into simple, comprehendible messages focused on the Bank’s business, people and community objectives
• Writes news stories and covers events for internal publications and channels.
• Ability to work independently and with all levels of enterprise staff and management
• Strong written and verbal communications skills for customers/consumers, business partners and executives
• Strong collaboration skills: Skype for Business, SharePoint, telephony conferencing, video conferencing
• Able to understand the IT strategic plan, principles and values
• Understanding of division responsibilities and, to a lesser degree, those of the other enterprise divisions
• Ability to quickly assimilate individual project goals and objectives and understand how they relate to the other projects in flight
• Understanding of sound communication practices across audience types; able to gather, create and present high-value content in report and presentation format and to deliver presentations with all levels of customers/consumers, enterprise staff, management, and executives
• Ability to multitask and prioritize independently; deadline driven
• Excellent skills in MS Productivity Suite: PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
Core requirements include:
1) Job knowledge and results:
Detailed knowledge of, and experience with corporate and organizational communication principles and practices to include plan development, implementation and ongoing support. Strong organizational and time management skills are needed to work simultaneously on several varied and complex initiatives with successful results. Intermediate skills in communication principles required in order to understand organizational communication issues. Knowledge of, and experience with, formal business process engineering/improvement strategies and implementations a plus. Problem-solving ability, creativity, and innovation to determine problem areas, identify trends, and provide a fresh approach to solving complex problems. Must have strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills to develop and coordinate the smooth implementation of new procedures and/or changes. Thorough knowledge of desktop office products to produce correspondence, spreadsheets, reports, communication materials and create basic to complex presentations. In-depth knowledge and skills to develop, administer, coordinate and participate in highly specialized customer communications, customer satisfaction, and reporting processes, coordinate efforts to provide high quality responsiveness and communications, meet objectives and make notable contributions in attainment of organization’s goals. In-depth knowledge of customer satisfaction, communication, customer relations and products, and reporting functions to service a large scope automation environment with multiple, complex, and diverse requirements/initiatives.
2) Interpersonal skills:
Must be able to interact comfortably and successfully on all levels within the organization and across all of IT, and throughout the Federal Reserve System.
Ability to lead and motivate cross functional teams and get successful results with no direct authority.
4) Analysis and decision making:
Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and oral and written communication skills to interpret customer satisfaction results, develop communications and recommend improvements. Ability to apply broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to complete assignments.
Excellent oral and written communication skills to coordinate activities on all levels. Produces status reports, correspondence to wide audiences and presentation materials at the highest levels. Ability to address and provide solutions to sensitive situations.
6) Project management:
Excellent project management, reporting and presentation skills to present findings to management group, conduct meetings, represent the organization in various capacities, interact with management groups, or staff, other Reserve Banks, Board of Directors, Board of Governors, financial institutions, etc. Proven experience leading project teams (using standard project tools and processes) to the successful completion of projects ranging from basic to medium complexity, and ability to effectively communicate ongoing status of related activities through the life of the project to all stakeholders.
Self-starter with initiative, follow through, and ability to work independently to complete assignments with tight deadlines. Must adjust well to new work structures, processes and requirements. Willingly accepts responsibility and takes ownership of results. Acts with integrity.
This positions works under minimal direction and guidance in planning details of established procedures and methods to attain definitive objectives. Position has responsibility for planning and performance with management guidance provided on final aspects of work. Activities and responsibilities can cover variety of complex subjects with potentially far-reaching impact; recommendations made and adopted could have significant impact on department, individual office, organization or IT as a whole. Makes decisions in selecting methods for customer satisfaction analysis and choosing appropriate tools/techniques for success. Independently evaluates and analyzes customer satisfaction results and customer communication requirements and makes recommendations to management. Regularly identifies, evaluates, analyzes and may make decisions independently regarding customer communications, satisfaction, and reporting, often within limited time frames. Requires a high degree of cooperation, tact, and persuasion.
May work extended hours approximately 2-4 days per month (10-20% of time) to meet deadlines and/or resolve problems.
Overnight absences 1-2 nights per month for travel to other Federal Reserve System offices to discuss programs, projects, problems, etc.
US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident status is required.
Bachelor's Degree, with a major in Corporate Communications, Mass Communications or English preferred, with at least 5 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and job-related experience equal to 8 - 10 years.
*Denotes essential duties and/or any physical requirements required to perform essential duties for the role.
Candidate should review the FRB Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with issues related to previous employment and prohibited financial interests. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at www.richmondfed.org
**The deadline to apply is January 23, 2018.