To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reston, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
BD Director - Federal Health IT
Octo Consulting Group • Reston, VA
Posted 19 days ago
The BD Director is to identify, qualify, and secure new contracts across a broad spectrum of Federal Health Agencies. The successful BD Director will lead the capture of new business awards through developing teams and solutions responsive to the customer needs, leveraging superior intelligence on existing work, teaming with the right partners, and proposing innovative and compelling solutions to meet customer requirements. The capture director will capitalize on the company’s established range of service offerings for Federal customers, all delivered via industry best practices and processes. The candidate will develop strategies (i.e. win themes; management solution; technical solution; teaming; pricing); coordinate corporate resources; build teams of subcontractors; assess competition; present decision gate briefings to executive management; manage bid and proposal funding; from the decision to bid to the post submission phase of an opportunity. Will coordinate with proposal development; contracts; pricing and oversee bid completions. Will participate in special projects as required. Develop strategies (i.e. win themes; technical solution); coordinate corporate resources; build teams of subcontractors; assess competition; present decision gate briefings to executive management; from the decision to bid to the post submission phase of an opportunity.
The BD Director shall:
- Have a proven Track record capturing large opportunities in the Full & Open market, as well as GWACs/IDIQs vehicles •
- Collaborate with executive leadership, account managers, and technical groups to coordinate business development activities
- Use his/her established network in Federal agencies to actively meet with potential clients, identify new business opportunities, and serve as Capture Manager for identified pursuits
- Actively contribute and command a winning proposal process, interacting closely with internal service centers including proposal operations, pricing and contracts, as well as other organizations
The ideal candidate will be experienced in developing a pipeline to include new IT Services opportunities within the Federal Health arena, and have demonstrated success in gaining awards, and growing revenue, focused on multiple opportunities in the $25 million range or larger.
The BD Director should possess:
- A Bachelor’s Degree with at least 7 years of Government IT services related experience
- A proficiency in the MS Office Suite and possess excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Proven skills in all areas of capture, including assessing win probability and value for opportunity targets, capture strategy and planning, building winning teams and solutions, pricing to win, and capture process schedule adherence
Additional qualifications include:
- Demonstrated record of federal agency client stewardship and capture/business development accomplishments
- Experience in business development activities associated with identification, qualification, full capture and bid activities, and the knowledge to transition new business opportunities into operations
- Experience in proposal pricing methodologies and strategies
- Experience in managing and contributing to winning proposal content
- Sound business ethics
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Experience with business development tools and resources such as GovWin or similar is preferred
- Capability to work as a collaborative team leader, as well as work within a team as a contributor
- US Citizenship Required with ability to obtain Secret level clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Information Technology or equivalent experience