AtMemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare toour communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family ofmedical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees inreaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution,collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whateverexpertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your fullpotential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker provides social work servicesto patients and families in all hospital areas specific to assignment. TheLicensed Clinical Social Worker assists patients in addressing psycho-socialissues they face as it relates to their acute or chronic illness and/ordisability. The Licensed Clinical Social Worker is responsible for providinginterventions to remove psycho-social barriers preventing safe and timelytransition through the continuum of care. They skillfully advocate in empoweringpatients to maintain a level of control over their treatment and ensureself-determination. The professional licensure allows this individual toprovide clinical and casework supervision (under the Board of BehavioralSciences) to staff in accordance with the needs of the department. In addition,the Licensed Clinical Social Worker focuses on ensuring quality care whileactively engaging in cost effective measures such as Performance ImprovementProjects, LEAN activities and other hospital wide initiatives.
Professional services include, but are not limited tobiopsychosocial assessment, brief treatment, crisis intervention, caseconsultation, patient education, discharge planning, custodial placements,support group facilitation, community outreach and engagement, resourcemanagement and clinical supervision of Associate Social Workers.Qualifications
- Four (4) years healthcare experience in Oncology Services preferred
- Abilityto provide clinical and casework supervision to MSW colleagues
- Abilityto act as a Field Supervisor and/or Preceptor to MSW Student Interns preferred
- Competencyis defined and measured via the Social Worker Job Specific CompetencyAssessment and Checklist. Each Social Worker, LCSW, is assessed at orientationand annually using these tools.
- Masterof Social Work (MSW) Degree from an accredited School of Social Work required
- LicensedClinical Social Worker (LCSW) required
- CurrentAmerican Heart Associate Basic Life Support Card required
United States-California-Fountain ValleyPrimary Location: Schedule:
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Lcsw)