To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Raritan, NJ 08869
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Analyst, Market Insights & Business Analytics
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Inc. • Raritan, NJ
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (Ortho) is a global leader of in vitro diagnostics. Ortho serves two primary industries in the medical field: clinical laboratories, by producing platforms and assays that test for a variety of diseases, conditions, and substances; and immunohematology, by providing the means to ensure blood transfusion recipients receive appropriate and compatible blood.
With a history of more than 75 years, Ortho is a pioneer in life-impacting advances in diagnostics. Worldwide across hospitals, hospital networks, blood banks and labs, Ortho’s high-quality products and services enable health care professionals to make better-informed treatment decisions. Headquartered in Raritan, NJ, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics has approximately 4,300 employees serving customers in more than 120 countries.
Ortho is recruiting and retaining the best and brightest around the world. People, who are performance driven, want to make a difference and who help Ortho grow their leadership position in a changing marketplace. The power to reimagine starts with empowered people, who are empowered to grow and given the chance to succeed in ways they hadn’t thought possible before.
Ortho’s purpose is simple: to improve and save lives with diagnostics. They do that by reimagining what’s possible. It’s what defines them. It’s the Ortho difference.
Ortho is an independent company, sponsored by The Carlyle Group, one of the world’s largest and most successful investment firms. The company's executive leadership team has extensive diagnostic experience and a strong heritage of driving market change and innovation. Ortho is a strong brand with solid positions in attractive, growing segments and regions.The Career Potential
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.The Opportunity
As the company continues to grow, we are seeking an Analyst, Market Insights & Business Analytics located in Raritan, NJ. As a core member of the Market Insights team, this role will advance the team’s mission to deliver a centralized mindshare of the IVD market, including actionable insights based on real-time analytics and competitive intelligence that inform critical decisions and organizational strategy. This individual will serve as a business partner to key stakeholders throughout the commercial organization, collaborating across regions and functions to generate in-depth market analysis.
This position presents the opportunity to develop expertise in the global in vitro diagnostics (IVD) industry by deploying advanced data analytics to monitor the competitive environment, champion the voice of customer (VOC), assess Ortho’s performance in terms of revenue and market share, identify potential opportunities and threats, and to integrate insights essential to sound business planning and execution. The ability to combine business analytics and strategic marketing frameworks is essential – this position requires a high degree of business acumen and technical skill.
(1) Global Market Models and Data Analysis (50%)
- Develop robust market and revenue model projections through extensive data analysis and collaboration on a global level
- Refine market modelling to continuously improve team deliverables, including market book, quarterly and monthly reports, as well as competitive profiles
- Careful analysis of available data and determination of knowledge gaps
- Translate data into trends with strategic importance and business impact
- Interprets and contextualizes analytical findings within the framework of existing body of research and data
- Provide subject matter expertise on best practices, emerging trends and tools to deliver world-class data and business analytics
(2) Market Insights and Competitive Intelligence (30%)
- In collaboration with the MIBI team, develop, refine, and communicate insights on analyzing data from multiple sources, including primary and secondary research, competitive intelligence, and financial performance
- Contribute to competitive monitoring initiatives, deriving and distilling insights on both traditional and emerging competitors around the world, and communicating these insights in a clear, structured, and timely manner
- Provide timely CI reporting and alerts to advance competitive readiness
- Monitor regular geographic performance and prepare insights to surface performance issues/opportunities and align on action, lead performance updates, and conduct ad hoc analyses based on synthesis / analysis of a variety of primary / secondary data sources
- Provide proactively integrated analyses to key stakeholders (e.g., ad-hoc customer segment- level reports and trend reports for internal Sales and Marketing management) by conducting hypothesis-driven investigations into patient-level and transactional-level data
- Design and analyze custom qualitative and quantitative marketing research projects with actionable recommendations in development/support of brand/portfolio strategy and tactics and in alignment with business planning process
(3) Consultation/Business Partnership (20%)
- With the guidance and oversight by the MIBI team contribute and support cross-functional projects from inception to completion, ensuring alignment on mission, scope, budget, and timing, including:
- Successfully positioning role as consultant to key stakeholders by staying connected and foreseeing evolving business issues and decision support needs related to brand performance
- Partnering closely with Business Field Leads, Product Management, Regional Marketing, Commercial, Business Development, and other teams to incorporate quality market and competitive analyses into portfolio development and prioritization
- Collaborate with Ortho stakeholders to develop of market models and research plans that deliver insights and market opportunities for quarterly and annual market assessment reports, product development business cases, competitive updates, strategic planning, and other areas of interest to Ortho
- Support special business development functions and special projects as assigned
- Other Duties
- Evaluates and continuously improves the quality and alignment of all data, information and processes
- Assess and develop new processes and techniques to advance market research capabilities and improve internal efficiencies
- Pro-actively seek process improvement opportunities by challenging existing processes, proposing solutions, and driving approved implementation plans
- Strive to maintain awareness of best practices in market research and analytics across industries by staying abreast of current and new data sources, MR techniques and MR agencies
- Advanced quantitative data analysis skills, including knowledge of cutting edge methodologies and software (e.g., Microsoft Excel Data Analysis Toolkit, SPSS, Tableau, SAS, etc.)
- Strong business acumen, including knowledge and experience applying strategic marketing frameworks
- High-degree of emotional intelligence, including exceptional communication skills
- Developing key attributes – the successful candidate will exhibit the drive to excel and curiosity to learn essential to exceed expectations
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline, or other advanced degree related to healthcare, life sciences, AND strong financial and business acumen required
- Strong project management capabilities with ability to complete projects and achieve results
- Experience in data and financial analysis, competitor profiling and insight generation
- Demonstrated acumen in critical thinking is essential
- Required travel 10-20% (domestic and international)
Work visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics believes in Equal Opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals so that an individual can perform their job related duties. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and require special assistance or an accommodation to apply due to a disability, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Your privacy is important to us. By continuing to use our site to apply to this position, you agree to our Candidate Notice, which outlines our privacy policies on information collected during the hiring process.