SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
This position will be based at 8401 Greenboro Drive, McLean, VA 22102
SS&C Primatics Financial is currently looking for a Junior Project Manager to join our team in McLean, Virginia. In this role, you will serve as the primary product development point of contact for customer service and implementation teams. You will be responsible for planning, organizing and monitoring releases and will serve as an integral member of the product operations team, helping ensure that releases are delivered on time, within budget and exceeding internal and external expectations.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Track and manage release roadmaps and provide progress reports against plan
- Run prioritization meetings to understand client needs
- Communicate release scope with stakeholders
- Coordinate with internal product owners, implementation managers, and operations project managers to understand and communicate customer expectations, desires, and requests
- Coordinate and schedule training sessions to explain and demonstrate product features to internal stakeholders
- Facilitate deployment planning and coordination
- Schedule and assist with feature launch meetings
- Collect and report on release quality metrics
- Assist with planning, monitoring, and control of feature release plans.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Information Systems Management or a related field
- 2+ years of IT project management experience
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments while ensuring technical accuracy and timely delivery for all work products
- Excellent analysis, facilitation, mediation, negotiation and client relationship skills
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills to include the ability to interact effectively with stakeholders, technical staff and management across all levels
- A dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience in Microsoft Office products such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel to include the ability to create templates, formulas and charts/graphs.
Prior experience working within the financial sector
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Experience with using Agile software development methods
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Microsoft Power Point