The Supply Chain Inventory Coordinator provides leadership, direction and expertise in the planning, development, procurement, implementation and evaluation of supplies in Supply Chain. This position serves as a liaison between the Supply Chain Management team and Reading Health departments to facilitate a common understanding of Supply Chain standards related to procurement, receiving and inventory. It acts as a supporter and change agent for Supply Chain leadership to assure maximum benefit of Supply Chain Management processes, policies and systems to include but not limited to Lawson, EPIC, MSCM, Processflow, RQC and EDI. The Inventory Coordinator monitors the integrity of data to include but not limited to pricing, contracts and vendor selection and develops appropriate data quality checks and controls to assure compliance. Collaborates with the leadership, clinical support and medical staff in all areas of the hospital to assure availability of product. Achieves and maintains relationships with Supply Chain Management leadership, hospital departments, committees and administrators.
OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE – 6872:
Meet or exceed the operational goals in support of Tower Health’s strategic plan. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Uphold and maintain Storeroom and PAR labeling and binning configuration.
(2) Perform scheduled expiration checks according to corporate Supply Chain procedures.
(3) Maintain daily ordering and replenishing of PAR locations (including put away supplies), as well as fill special orders as identified by nursing.
(4) Communicates procurement and storage requirements of new supplies to the department and clinical staff and physicians as appropriate.
(5) Monitors daily purchasing to provide budgetary compliance, contract compliance, and accuracy of invoice charges
(6) Participates in analysis of user requirements, functions, and input/output requirements for efficient turnaround time on supplies requested
(7) Follow bill-and-replace protocol established by corporate Supply Chain. Monitors consigned inventory and works with vendor representatives to
assure that consignment levels match the consignment contract.
FINANCIAL EXCELLENCE – 6872:
Meet or exceed the financial goals in support of Tower Health’s strategic plan. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Appropriately utilize Mobile Supply Chain to maintain organized and optimized PAR item levels.
(2) Provide ongoing monitoring of expenditures and identify opportunities for cost savings
(3) Serves as a liaison and appropriately represents the department on committees, project teams, and to external vendors and agencies regarding
implant and high dollar inventory management
(4) Maintains continuous reporting of targeted supplies to include but not limited to supplies, par and inventory to promote cost containment activities
(5) Performs physical inventory activities as required with proper documentation and accurate reporting.
LEADERSHIP – 6872:
Is a trusted advisor to Supply Chain leadership and Tower Health business partners. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Keeps the Manager of Distribution and the Director of Inventory informed of the activities surrounding inventory management and budgetary
(2) Interacts in a positive manner with department managers, leadership group, and staff.
(3) Collaborates with Supply Chain leadership and Contract Administrators to identify and communicate the status of and alternatives for shortages and
(4) Place a strong emphasis on patient care with the patient as the highest priority in all endeavors and undertakings
(5) Participates in teams related to Supply Chain inventory management to benchmark performance, to maximize software and to improve patient
outcomes related to par, inventory and implant management
Combination of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
4 year / Bachelor's Degree (Required)
Certificate in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) offered by The Association for Operations Management (APICS) (Preferred)
Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) from the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) (Preferred)
Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) (Preferred)
SCPro™ from the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) (Preferred)