Executive Healthcare Internship
Internship dates: June 5th - August 11th 2023
Internship Location: Staten Island University Hospital, 475 Seaview Ave, Staten Island, NY, 10305, U.S.
Staten Island University Hospital's Executive Healthcare Internship (EHI) program provides a unique opportunity to serve your community and immerse yourself in the dynamic field of healthcare. Explore the EHI program where you will develop the skills, knowledge, and experience to become a leader in the healthcare industry.
This paid summer internship is open to current college undergraduate Junior and Senior students with ties to the Staten Island community, who are looking to gain first-hand experience from New York State's largest healthcare provider and private employer.
In the EHI program, you will work directly with a director-level mentor on comprehensive projects, attend hospital-wide meetings, partake in weekly didactic learning sessions, and present a final project to executive leadership.
Executive Healthcare Interns will be exposed to a wide range of hospital functions and be matched to a specific department within the hospital for project-based work.
Competitive candidates will have an interest in:
* Hospital operations and business administration
* Project management
* Process improvement
* Financial analysis
* Community Outreach
Staten Island University Hospital is a 687-bed specialized teaching hospital that occupies two main campuses and numerous community-based health centers and laboratories. Our 17-acre campus on Seaview Avenue in Ocean Breeze features the island's most advanced emergency department, a state-of-the-art education center and our renowned Heart Institute. Our sister campus on Seguine Avenue in Prince's Bay also houses an exceptional emergency department including a new Pediatric Emergency Center, and boasts specialized care in orthopedics, behavioral health, and robotic gynecologic surgery cases.
For consideration, please attach your resume AND a cover letter. The cover letter should be 250 words or less, and answer the question: "Why do you want to be an Executive Healthcare Intern at Staten Island University Hospital?" Later in the application process, up to 2 reference letters, and an unofficial transcript may be requested. Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule live interviews in early 2023.
* Participates in the collection and preparation of data relative to the work of the department.
* Assists in studies to objectively ascertain the efficiency, economy and effectiveness of department of Hospital operations, policies and procedures.
* Assists management in facilitating new programs and/or procedures.
* Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
Schedule and Location
Monday-Friday: 37.5 hours/per week. In-person
475 Seaview Avenue, Staten Island, NY, 10305, US
Required Experience and Qualifications
* Strong ties to the Staten Island community
* Rising Juniors and Seniors pursuing an undergraduate degree
* Demonstrated interest in hospital operations and/or business administration
* Preferred major?in Healthcare, Business Administration, Finance, HR, Operational Engineering, or related field
* Proven academic success with a rigorous course load
* High School Diploma required
* Organizational skills for project-based work
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
* Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).
- Business Administration
- Business Process Improvement
- Financial Analysis