To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- St. Louis, MO 63121
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Export/Trade Compliance Specialist
DRS Technologies, Inc., • St. Louis, MO
Posted 2 months ago
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo SpA which employs more than 45,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Sustainment Systems Inc.
DRS Sustainment Systems, Inc. (DRS-SSI) is a Leonardo DRS Line of Business (LOB) headquartered in St. Louis, MO. It is a full service supplier of diversified defense systems, products and support for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and other international defense customers. From conceptual design through manufacturing to integrated logistics support, DRS-SSI has a more than 50-year tradition of providing quality systems and products while meeting customer’s demands for innovation, efficiency and quality. The business unit also includes a 100-acre heavy equipment manufacturing facility in West Plains, MO. The performance of DRS-SSI’s St. Louis operation has been recognized by the Government and industrial customers with numerous awards including: Preferred Supplier Certification, Medallion of Service Award, Intelligence and Electronic Warfare Certification of Recognition, and Blue Ribbon Awards. We operate on a 9/80 work schedule.
Job Location – Saint Louis, MO
DRS Sustainment Systems Inc. is seeking an experienced Export Trade Compliance Specialist to facilitate DRS business by assisting with developing, implementing and maintaining internal export controls to ensure compliance with U.S. government export / import regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), U.S. Customs and Border Protection Regulations, Economic Embargo Regulations, and Importation of Arms, Ammunition and Implements of War Regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitates DRS business by assisting with developing, implementing and maintaining internal export / import controls to ensure compliance with U.S. government export regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), U.S. Customs and Border Protection Regulations, Economic Embargo Regulations, and Importation of Arms, Ammunition and Implements of War Regulations
- In coordination with the Trade Manager provides guidance on the application and implementation of U.S. Government export / import regulations to the internal business unit
- Obtains, maintains and monitors the necessary U.S. Government export licenses, agreements, permits, certifications and technology release determinations in support of the Trade Manager and various local functions
- Supports the implementation of business processes, procedures and tools to ensure compliance with U.S. Government export / import regulations and Company policies
- Reviews and obtains Trade Manager approval for the export of goods and provides support in the movement of goods
- Provides reports and updates metrics pertaining to various elements including compliance of the export processes
- Manages and maintains export / import files and records in accordance with U.S. Government regulations and Company policy
- Identifies local training needs and assists in development of and provides training pertaining to export requirements with guidance from Trade Manager
- Monitors export compliance (e.g. self-assessments)
- Supports investigations, external audits, internal audits and other compliance matters as directed
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Participates in business and corporate projects focusing on trade compliance
- Maintains awareness of all international activity, including marketing, trade shows, publishing of technical papers, business development, and procurement
- 5+ years in export trade and/or trade compliance related position
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with export and licensing
- Ability to obtain US Government approval to access export controlled information required
- Works with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze and solve general to moderately complex problems
- Demonstrates application of industry business practices and concepts
- Attention to detail and follow through on tasks assigned
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to travel as necessary to support the functions of the job
- Familiarity with OFAC, BATFE and US Customs regulations
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #LSY