To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mechanicsville, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Business Intelligence Developer
Owens & Minor, Inc. • Mechanicsville, VA
Posted 2 months ago
Provides analytical solutions for the transformation and migration to the Cloud. Helps build out new analytical data products and services, and works with business leaders to foster good data stewardship practices. Works closely with Data Management Solutions Architects, BI Report developers, business leaders and the Data Services team to develop comprehensive business intelligence solutions.
We Provide Solutions to Help Healthcare Work. Better.
Are you ready to be a part of the Solution?
Established in 1882, Owens & Minor is a Fortune 300 company with 50+ facilities across the US and 18,000 teammates in over 90 countries. We are a leading provider of healthcare solutions, ensuring that hospitals and healthcare providers are able to offer the best care to their patients through supply chain and point-of-care services.
We believe that our success starts with our teammates and we offer a variety of benefits.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, available on first working day
- 401(k), eligibility after 30 days of employment
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Design, develop, test, and deploy data models and Power BI reports and dashboards in the Cloud meeting the needs of a global company
2. Collaborates with business representatives to implement Data and Reporting Governance policies, processes and monitoring procedures.
3. Facilitates the development and implementation of data quality standards, data classification, access, availability, and protection standards and adoption across the enterprise.
4. Defines key indicators of performance and quality metrics. Ensures compliance with data and reporting related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements.
5. Uses key enterprise database systems to provide critical data processing services to internal business applications and services (Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Analysis Services, Oracle, and future data warehousing solutions).
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Partners with data producers within the Reporting Community to establish, manage and monitor policies and procedures that bring new data into the Owens & Minor Cloud data ecosystem that is aligned with established governance policies and standards
2. Establishes and manages inter and intra-company data sharing policies, procedures and monitoring processes
3. Metadata and BI Tool Training for business users
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related field preferred
- Two or more years IT developing Power Business Intelligence solutions, modeling data for reporting/database solutions, and/or writing SQL queries
- Or any combination of education and experience to meet the above requirements
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to work effectively across multiple functions with onsite and remote teammates, to identify and support reporting needs and requirements
- Actively listen and translate business needs into effective data, report, and visualization outputs
- Ability to organize and plan work in team and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills with strong customer service orientation
- Positive attitude, ability to work in a team and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate technical understanding to non-technical business partners
- Strong analytical/research experience for troubleshooting issues
- Must be results-oriented
- Flexibility in work schedule is necessary, as system issues and implementations can sometimes occur during nighttime hours and weekends
- Initially the position requires working onsite at the Home Office, with potential for work-from-home flexibility