To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Lead IT Programmer, Revenue Management Operations
Hilton Corporate • US-Nationwide
Posted 22 days ago
Our Global Revenue Management team is responsible for predicting consumer demand and optimizing hotel inventory and price availability. The ultimate goal of our team is to maximize our company's revenue growth by selling the right products to the right customer at the right time for the right price.
What will I be doing?
As the Lead IT Programmer, Revenue Management Operations, you will be primarily responsible for maintaining, enhancing and building additional functionality into the existing revenue management operations (RMO) website. The purpose of the RMO website is to create efficiencies and improve capabilities of the seventeen revenue managers whom support the commercial activities of our brands. This website is not a revenue management system (forecasting, pricing, inventory control). The RMO website is a platform that houses multiple databases for tracking and storing information, user interfaces for pulling stored data queries, reporting proprietary to the RMO team, request/ticketing system, change log, a communication platform using a direct connect to an email server and additional functionality. Ideally, you will learn how the team supports the commercial process and actively make website enhancements/suggestions to increase team efficiency and effectiveness.
More specifically, you will:
- Design and implement features for the RMO website.
- Design, develop and build applications and services.
- Be responsible for the complete software development lifecycle, including requirement analysis, software design, sprint planning, coding, code review, testing, deployment, static code analysis, continuous integration and production support.
- Drive the functional requirements' analysis and conceptual technical solutions, using design patterns and architectural frameworks.
- Modify and enhance existing software components and services.
- Fix and provide solutions to issues identified in production and user-acceptance test (UAT) environments.
- Handle databases for entering, storing and maintaining information, while ensuring data quality.
- Integrate data and processes from back-end services and databases and other systems with the website.
- Solicit specifications and requirements based on technical and customer needs.
- Execute improvements in technologies, processes, security, and documentation and reviewing results for productivity and efficiency.
- Utilize revenue, sales and market share data (STR) using SQL and MS Excel to develop reports, and form views about the business that will support strategy and decision-making.
- Actively engage and develop strong working relationships with other members of the revenue management team and enterprise in order to understand their needs and identify business opportunities.
- Manage and deliver on ad-hoc requests for time sensitive topics.
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to organize complex ideas and information, both written and verbal
- Make decisions based on analysis of abstract ideas
- Work in a dynamic, open, and forward-thinking environment across multiple teams with minimal supervision
- Willing and able to learn new technologies and expand skills
- Problem solver, who can resolve issues effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism and integrity
- Good interpersonal, prioritization, and analytical skills with the ability to analyze situations accurately and effectively
- Excellent personal motivation with an ability to build and work collaboratively in a strong team concept environment, as well as independently
- Confident, articulate, and professional speaking abilities (and knowledge)
- Strong writing skills with the ability to document functionality of the website and UAT requirements for the team
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with all levels of internal partners
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and within a team
- Extraordinary critical thinking, quantitative, and qualitative analytical skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify and model the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Teammate who works well with others, while employing diplomacy with high-level executives and customers within the organization on a global scale
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Four (4) four years' experience with business analytics and data processing such as data management, report development, and data mining
- Three (3) years of programming experience, C#, MVC, and SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio)
- Two (2) years proficiency with advanced Excel
- One (1) year of experience with Entity Framework
- One (1) year of experience with Razor Views
- Proficiency with managing extensive amounts of information and providing constructive feedback and direction
- Proficiency with handling and organizing projects consistent with department and company objectives
- Proficiency with driving multiple projects, meeting deadlines, and working effectively under time and resource constraints
- Proven track record of effective multi-tasking in a fast paced team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills to explain detailed instructions to individuals or groups
- Proven proficiency with managing deadlines within a project oriented workload
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree with course work in mathematics, computer science, business administration or information technology
- Five (5) years of programming experience
- Five (5) years of experience with C# MVC .NET and SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio)
- Three (3) years of experience with Entity Framework and Razor Views
- Three (3) years' business analytics experience with MS Excel or similar programs
- Three (3) years of report development with MicroStrategy Crystal Reports, Cognos, MS Reporting Services, or similar reporting software
- Two (2) years of supervisory management experience
- One (1) year of hotel or hospitality experience in Sales, Revenue Management, Catering or Meeting services
- One (1) year of experience with hospitality technology systems preferred, i.e. DMPE, Global/SFA, CRS, PMS, CRM, OnQ Revenue Management, OnQ Forecast Management, GRO and OnQ Rate & Inventory
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!