To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Driver Instructor - Wheeling, IL
Holland • Arlington Heights, IL
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Holland, Inc., a recognized leader in the LTL industry is in search of an experienced Driver Instructor for our Wheeling, IL terminal.
With over 85 years’ experience, we know how to satisfy customers and provide a stellar work environment. Between our next-day delivery service and less-than-truckload service we’ve got something for everyone. As our Company grows and the need for qualified drivers increase we understand the importance of training our own. Holland’s Driver Instructors will have the opportunity to share their experiences, best practices, and professional knowledge that will produce Holland’s future driving force. Safety on and off the road is a priority and you will be the one to mold the next generation!Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Train new employees participating in the Driver Training Program to safely and efficiently operate Holland driving equipment, including: vehicle inspection and reports, backing skills, shifting techniques, electronic logging device utilization, trailer connect/disconnect, safe street operation.
- Model and verify safe behaviors, including the Smith System keys. Support the reduction of collision and risk of injury through demonstration and verification of Holland safety requirements when in and around tractor trailers.
- Monitor the progression of candidates in the Driver Training Program; identify gaps and provide additional assistance as necessary.
- Provide necessary reports in support of Talent Acquisition and Terminal Operation goals.
- Establish trust and credibility by maintaining a high level of integrity and communications with terminal hiring teams to support operational performance. Align goals with Talent Acquisition, Safety, Human Resources, and Labor.
- Assist with the coordination of third party resources (Driver Training Schools) to meet talent needs and ensure compliance with Federal, State and local DOT requirements.
- Ensure compliance to company policies, process, and procedures with EEOC, Federal and State laws.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or GED with 3+ years’ CDL-A tractor/trailer driving experience preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Valid CDL Class A and XT endorsements.
- Comprehensive knowledge of DOT and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) compliance requirements.
- Ability to utilize apply the Smith System Keys to routine driving situations.
- Excellent communication skills to receive and convey information effectively: interpersonal, coaching and training skills.
- Able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, frequent walking and standing
- Demonstrates the Holland Core Values in daily interactions:
- Hard work and continuous improvement
- Integrity in all our relationships
- Respect for each individual
- Excellence in all areas of customer service
- Safety in all we do
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Click here to view EEO is the Law