This is a Senior Leadership Operations position responsible for setting strategic direction of Inbound and Outbound Warehouse; Fleet Services; Facilities Management (including building, grounds, power industrial equipment, sanitation, security), Beverage Services; Transportation (including routing, delivery, and backhaul); Operations Systems and related third party providers. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, achieving performance key metrics; expense and revenue management; strategic execution of local and corporate initiatives; compliance with government regulations; safety and security of the building, its contents and people. Responsible for building and developing the operations management team along with ensuring a culture of engagement, problem solving and continuous improvement. Reports functionally to the Market Vice President of Operations and is a member of the Company President's leadership team.
- As a member of the Company Leadership team, they are responsible for shaping company strategy direction.
- Sets strategic direction in alignment with Corporate strategy for of Inbound and Outbound Warehouse, Transportation (Delivery), Fleet Services, Facilities, Beverage Services departments and associates.
- Prepares and executes annual Profit Plan with direct input from management team. Oversees budget management including labor, benefits, supplies, company assets, capital investments, depreciation, maintenance and repair, and third party contracts. Evaluates fiscal metrics and adjusts activities to meet or exceed performance expectations. Coordinates with other departments as necessary to ensure upgrades and repairs are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, compensation, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Strategically adjusts departments' activities, policies and practices to meet or exceed key performance metrics and customer satisfaction goals. Actively supports other departments in the achievement of goals.
- Drives a collaborative effort with Company Leadership team in building the business case for expansion, modernization and facility reconfiguration to guarantee proper storage, receiving and shipping capabilities for present and future business.
- Responsible for building a continuous improvement culture by championing efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and changes within areas of responsibility. Identifies problems and proposes solutions to other members of senior management.
- Drives a culture of compliance with internal/external policies and regulations by ensuring all the required inspections and audits are completed timely, accurately and with all necessary detail. Including, but not limited to, food safety documentation, DOT records, EPSM, PSM.
- Sets direction to reduce or eliminate operations-related injuries or accidents, damage/loss of product or equipment, and unnecessary costs by ensuring that all equipment and facilities are maintained consistent with the safety, security, sanitation and appearance standards set by Company. Ensures contingency systems/practices/protocols are in place to eliminate business disruption.
- Establishes emergency response or crisis management plans. Develops and maintains liaisons with local emergency management and other entities in order to facilitate plan development and response effort coordination. Assists Safety Manager with training initiatives.
- Collaborates with Merchandising, Sales Management and Marketing Associates to collaboratively resolve any customer or delivery opportunities or issues. Visits customer locations and meets with customers to address issues and assess delivery difficulty.
- Provides assistance in the solicitation of new or prospective business by participating in company meetings and presentations when necessary, and in other market area activities to develop and foster the Company's recognition within the business community.
- Where applicable, oversees or participates in the interpretation, adherence and negotiation of the collective bargaining agreement. As necessary, participate in grievance or arbitration proceedings.
- Maintains associate relations through regular department meetings; maintains on-going interaction; keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale; and implements or responds to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies and procedures.
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or a closely related field required or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- MBA Preferred
- 10 years professional experience with demonstrated progressive levels of management experience (with at least 3 years in operational management experience)
- Ability to read, comprehends, write and speak English.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn Company technology software and programs. Must have excellent computer skills.
- Working knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations/legislation and governing bodies.
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments, operating companies, Corporate and the business community in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Ability to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues. Demonstrates skill in making independent decisions in support of company policies and procedures in a timely manner.