The Warehouse Operations Supervisor is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of the warehouse with particular emphasis on the supervising warehouse personnel and achieving daily production goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements shipping and receiving work schedules and assignments to assure effective and efficient operations to meet goals
- Provides direct supervision to warehouse personnel matching skill and background of personnel to work required.
- Supervises all inbound and outbound shipments to ensure they are correct and carried out in a timely fashion
- Ensures that equipment is utilized in the most efficient manner
- Coordinates the maintenance of equipment with management
- Reviews the daily work objective and determines productivity requirements to produce during the shift to meet the overall building objectives
- Partners with other leaders to balance labor ensuring appropriate levels of staffing
- Drafts and submits daily end of shift report
- Makes recommendations to management on initiatives and programs to improve operations and works on those programs
- Conducts the daily pre-shift meetings covering previous shifts productivity, operational problems, forecasting workload and any other pertinent company information
- Assists in developing a program to train and motivate personnel for increased effectiveness
- Assists in developing a program for all new personnel and ensures the onboarding program is followed
- Manages and maintains good human resources practices with direct reports, and adherence to established corporate and department policies and procedures
- Works with Management and Human Resources to resolve employee relation issues, discipline actions, problem resolution and terminations
- Provides feedback, coaching, guidance, and recognition to enhance personnel’s skill development
- Plays an active role in employee development and talent selection.
- Provides regular coaching and constructive feedback on performance, prepares and delivers hourly performance reviews
- Maintains accurate timekeeping records
- Exhibits a commitment to self-development by staying current on information, tools, and systems
- Travels to other warehouses and participates in department or company meetings, as necessary
Safety and Security
- Ensures the safe, clean and efficient operation of the warehouse to meet service standards
- Supports all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all employees
- Follows documented processes for reporting, analyzing, and following up on employee injuries and accidents.
- Ensures employees complete a daily pre-flight and reviews daily
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business or related field, or at least 1-5 years of supervisory experience
- High School Diploma required
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (Manhattan preferred)
- Ability to work in fast paced, quickly changing environment.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Experience with seasonal work forces is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with or desire to learn performance metrics, process improvement, and Lean/Six Sigma tools.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of warehouse / mechanical equipment
- Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, HAZMAT, FDA regulations and the willingness to become certified in one or more of these areas as necessary
- Excellent talent management and team building skills
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills specifically with external clients
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, may be required in some locations
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed by the customer.
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Lift and move totes up to 50 pounds.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Walking in the distribution center and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length.
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation and able to access all areas of building without limitations.
We are excited to share the base salary range for this position is $63,841.44 - $85,121.92. This position is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, targeted at 5%. NFI takes into consideration applicants' qualifications, experience, education, geographic location, when determining a starting rate of pay.
Employees are also eligible for a robust benefit program, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Paid Parental Leave, among other benefit plan options.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Business Process Improvement
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Service