To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Corpus Christi, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
RN Home Health Team Manager - Corpus Christi, TX
UnitedHealth Group • Corpus Christi, TX
Posted 7 days ago
Opportunities with Homecare Dimensions. For more than 20 years, Homecare Dimensions has been bringing compassionate and skilled care into the homes of patients throughout Southern Texas. Our focus on combining empathy with quality of care enables us to effectively act as a supportive partner to primary care providers. And that makes our organization a perfect fit to Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Career opportunities with Homecare Dimensions provide you with flexibility, autonomy and incredible support. More importantly, you’ll discover the tools, resources, training and technology that only a leader like Optum can provide. Want to make a bigger difference? Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Clinical Team Manager performs management functions of coordination and supervision of all clinical disciplines including: skilled nursing, home health aide, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and medical social services. The Clinical Team Manager supervises all activities and assumes responsibility for continuity, appropriateness, and quality of services delivered within the home health department. The Clinical Team Manager oversees the day-to-day scheduling of staff, monitors performance of staff, assists in the orientation of staff and serves on committees to improve operations. The Clinical Team Manager performs all functions in a professional and ethical manner and collaborates with other members of the health care team to ensure the provision of quality care. Performs all functions in a professional and ethical manner and collaborates with other members of the health care team to ensure quality patient care
- Supervises and provides direction and leadership to designated Agency personnel in an effort to ensure quality and continuity of services through competent personnel management skills
- Assigns, supervises, and evaluates clinical staff
- Ensures that all supervised health care staff maintains compliance of federal and state rules and regulations and to agency clinical policies, procedures, and appropriate standards of care
- Ensures that a client’s plan of care is executed as written
- Ensures that a reassessment of a client’s needs is performed by the appropriate health care professional when there is a significant health status change in the client’s condition; at the physician’s request; or after hospital discharge
- Participates and assists in orientation and training of clinical and paraprofessional staff
- Ensures that on-site supervisory requirements of designated staff are met on a timely basis
- Demonstrates an effective leadership style and solves problems in an efficient and logical manner after accurately analyzing facts
- Ensures scheduling and assignments are appropriately based on patient needs, staff expertise, and geographical locations
- Assists in the coordination of patient services, to include lab reports, updated patient reports, and interdisciplinary communication
- Receives and coordinates patient referrals from case managers, physicians, and other referral sources
- Leads and participates in interdisciplinary care conferences, Agency programs and management functions, as assigned
- Monitors documentation and paper flow to ensure records are accurate and timely and adhere to Medicare and other payer guidelines
- Ensures that clinical notes, supply log / visit logs are accurate and turned into the office according to Agency policy
- Investigates patient / family complaints promptly and takes corrective action as needed
- Makes home visits to provide patient care as needed
- Recognizes and reports life threatening situations and responds appropriately
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency procedures and responds appropriately
- Participates in the Agency's endeavors for accreditation, licensing and professional recognition according to state, federal or CHAPs requirements
- Assists in development of Performance Improvement Plan reports to include achieved goals, opportunities for improvement, statistical data and projections
- Participates in home care Performance Improvement Program activities to continuously improve the quality of patient care
- Serves as a resource person for clinical staff and management in matters pertaining to Performance Improvement
- Participates in periodic review of clinical records to promote quality patient care
- Educates clinical staff on documentation standards and patient care as needed
- Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payers
- Demonstrates knowledge of current status of requirements of third party payers by identifying and reporting potential payment / coverage issues
- Attends all required in-service programs to maintain comprehensive home care knowledge base within the review year, as assigned by supervisor
- Demonstrates effective time management skills by completing assignments within projected time frames
- Expresses verbal and written communication in a clear, positive and cooperative manner
- Promotes Agency philosophy, mission statement and administrative policies to ensure quality of care
- Meets productivity requirements based on Agency standard
- Demonstrates knowledge and observance of the Patient's Bill of Rights
- Follows all infection control, standard precautions, and safety guidelines / standards per Agency policy
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse with the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas
- 3+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse in an acute care setting or general medical / surgical setting
- Evidence of independent nursing practice in delivering nursing care
- Maintains certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support Course
- Familiarity with medical terminology and equipment. Additional education and / or experience may be required by individual state regulations
- Basic knowledge of governmental regulations, Medicare (Medicaid, as required), regulations, and company policies and procedures
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of word processing and excel
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.