URL blocked - click to apply
This team provides cargo inspection and analytical assessment to the world’s petroleum, mining, minerals and biofuels industries. With solutions based on years of expertise, innovation and advanced analytical capabilities, we help customers optimize return on cargoes and help them resolve difficult technical challenges.
The Chemical Technician I will support the Caleb Brett business by, under immediate supervision, and in a training capacity, efficiently performing various chemical and physical analyses, primarily on petroleum products. We’re looking for someone with ability to utilize non-complex and complex instrumentation.
The Chemical Technician will work a rotating shift schedule that may include overtime
- Performs numerous chemical and physical tests based on American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) methods or accepted industry standards in multiple test areas.
- Assist with equipment calibration, maintenance and basic troubleshooting.
- Cleans glassware and test equipment.
- Assists with preparing reagents as needed.
- Records data on appropriate data sheets and reports data to LIMS system.
- Responsible for maintaining quality records, control charts, and lab supply inventories.
- Responsible for complying with safety, quality and housekeeping requirements.
- Participates in cross training as needed.
A candidate with 2 years lab experience is preferred.
- High school diploma or GED. Prefer successful completion of at least one semester of college level chemistry and/or prior work experience in a laboratory environment
- Must demonstrate ability to multi-task in high production testing areas.
- Must possess good math and observation skills.
- Must demonstrate proficiency using LIMS applications and established chemistry lab processes.
- Must demonstrate excellent team communication, coordination and cooperation.
- Must demonstrate ability to follow standard and non-standard procedures.
- Must demonstrate ability to utilize non-complex and complex instrumentation.
- Prefer proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to work overtime as business needs dictate.
- Ability to regularly lift/carry up to 44 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally lift/carry up to 49 pounds.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Exposure to various chemicals.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Complex Problem Solving