To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- King of Prussia, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Business Process Analyst III
Amerigas • King of Prussia, PA
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, our 8,500 dedicated professionals will deliver 1.5 billion gallons of propane from 1,400 distribution points across the United States.
Job Summary (Purpose):
The Senior Business Process Analyst position is responsible for the support and improvement of the key IT/Business processes within the area of focus for the AmeriGas Business. This position may have other Business Process Analysts reporting into it. This position provides technical and functional expertise in the areas of defining business requirements for improvements, project management of new initiatives and support for these new initiatives. In addition this position helps define the business cases for each of the new initiatives.
- Develops clear picture of Current State processes and gaps to achieve future state
- Works directly in the business groups to define new areas of improvement and prioritize process improvements.
- Participates in design reviews, develops recommendations for how to improve or redesign relevant software tools to meet the needs of the company’s process design.
- Develops business process maps and translates functional requirements to hand over to Technology center teams or contractors to build out system changes.
- Provide project management leadership to ensure new initiatives are delivered as promised to the business.
- Works with business to define and build business case justification for new initiatives
- Lead IT Single Point of Contact within a defined business area to drive new initiatives forward between business and IT
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Leads design reviews, develops recommendations for how to improve or redesign relevant software tools to meet the needs of the company’s process design.
- Business end user expert in core area of business for AmeriGas (Finance, Sales and Marketing or Field Operations)
- Many years of experience providing business analyst skills to quickly analyze and understand a new business requirement and translate back to IT to deliver solution.
- Great attitude that always exudes a “can do” approach
- Proven ability to build relationships within both business and IT
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills for analyzing and evaluating business requirements of varying complexity to determine appropriate technology solution
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to meet objectives and deadlines
- Proven experience building business case justifications and tracking the actual results after completion to validate the solution delivered what it set out to deliver
- Ability to empathize with business units on how technology will impact their areas and how we can use technological change for the better
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6-10 years of process improvement or related experience
- Good experience in current AmeriGas core technology centers (SAP, BI, Web and Mobility)
- Has led at least 1 large scale implementation of IT solution as either overall PM or IT lead that had a significant impact on that businesses operations
- Has managed a team of at least 1-3 direct reports in past experiences
- Demonstrated experience to lead teams of requirements analysts to collect, document and progressively elaborate requirements using use-cases; to develop general user requirements, detailed functional requirements and system specifications.
- Ability to communicate verbally and especially in writing at a professional level and to distill complex technical data to a layperson's understanding with conciseness, clarity, and accuracy.
- Strong relationship building skills and strong skills in coordination, project management, organizational and time management skills.
- Experience in IT with an emphasis on requirements analysis
- Normal Valley Forge HQ office environment with some travel required
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.