The Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for the safe, accurate and rational distribution of pharmaceutical agents to patients of all ages. Develop and implement a plan of care utilizing disease management guidelines and standards. Provide pharmaceutical care and advanced clinical support to the nursing staff, physicians, and patients. This shall be carried out in accordance with all state and federal laws, JCAHO standards, and hospital/ departmental policies and procedures.
Join our team and unlock your potential!
VHC Health is a 453-bed nationally recognized Hospital and teaching facility that has been delivering high quality care to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 75 years. VHC is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network (a national network of independent healthcare organizations), a designated Level II Trauma Center and a recognized Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. We are proud to announce that the Leapfrog Group has awarded the hospital with an 'A' grade in Hospital Safety for the 19th year in a row, achieved an Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ for the 10th year in a row and VHC has ranked Number 2 in "Best Hospitals" in the Washington, DC metropolitan area by U.S. News and World Report's 2021-2022 rankings. At VHC we are always striving to provide continued excellence and growth for our employees as well as top notch care for our patients.
* Graduate of School of Pharmacy Accredited by ACPE required
* Doctorate of Pharmacy or Pharmacy Residency preferred.
* Two years of Healthcare/Medical- Pharmaceutical/Pharmacology experience or equivalent in a Hospital Clinic Setting required
* Licensed as a Pharmacist by the Virginia Department of Health Professions required
* Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to recommend and monitor appropriate medication treatment for neonatal, pediatric, adolescent and elderly patients.
* Assures medications are prescribed and used for patients in an efficacious, effective and safe manner.
* Monitors medication profiles for allergies, therapeutic duplications and incompatibilities and recommends appropriate alternative therapies or interventions.
* Utilizes the assessment of patient clinical data to initiate an individualized patient care plan in conjunction with the necessary resources (i.e. lab, dietary, nursing etc.).
* Provides patients with education during their hospital stay and prior to discharge about their medications and problems expected as required.
* Provides unit based advanced clinical support that includes prescribed clinical interventions for IV-PO conversion, renal dose monitoring, pharmacokinetics and therapeutic interchange.
* Documents significant pharmaceutical care and clinical activitie, which impact patient outcomes, as defined in hospital and department policies.
* Paid Major Holidays
* Generous Paid Time Off / Vacation
* Sick Time
* Health Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Undergraduate Student Loan Repayment
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
* Health Savings Account (HSA)
* Health Fitness & Education Class Discounts
* Employee Wellness Benefits
* Hospital Discount for Employees and Family
* VHC Retirement Program
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Free onsite parking
* Commuter Benefits
* Career Coaching
* Family Leave
* 401(k) + Match
* and much more!
- Clinical Works
- Disease Management
- Health Care