FleetPride is the largest after-market distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in the U.S. with some of the best and brightest people in the business! Partner with the best in the heavy-duty industry and apply today!
Provide service to customers by phone or in person through sales of heavy-duty parts in accordance with identified customer needs and availability of parts in order to make a profit for FleetPride.Duties & Responsibilities
Education And Skills
- Help determine and obtain heavy duty parts for customers as requested by phone or in person. Suggest sale of related parts for full service.
- Locate and obtain ordered part for customer from central warehouse or branch.
- Determine sales price for customers for each sale in accordance with company procedure.
- Handle warranty or defective parts for customers in accordance with company procedure.
- Write up approved charge sale in accordance with company procedure
- Special order parts on an emergency basis when necessary and appropriate.
- Process approved credits for customer when merchandise is returned.
- Maintain confidentiality of pricing lists and structures as required by company procedure.
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, and product features.
- Provide customers with current product catalogs.
- Utilize non-selling, non-servicing time by studying catalogs, reviewing price sheets, bulletins, changes, additions, and deletions.
- Ensure that counter parts area is clean and in order. Ensure that display areas encourage sales.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate
- Intermediate knowledge level of Windows XP (excel, word and outlook)
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are communicating; taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Communicating: Conveying information to others in an effective manner.
- Time management: Managing one’s time and the time of others.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Service orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in sales; sales of heavy-duty automotive parts preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND EQUIPMENT
- Inside/Outside Conditions, Varied Temperature Changes, Minimal Chemical Hazards, Vibration, Dust, Vehicle Noise
- The information to follow identifies the average physical demands for the job role. This form is included with the job description to inform the necessary physical requirements for the Job. This is general guidance; site specific physical demands could be different: Lifting up to 50 pounds, squatting, bending, climbing ladders/stairs, reaching above/below shoulders, walking, twisting, sitting, standing, carrying up to 50 pounds.
FleetPride is the leader in the industry comprised of retail, service, distribution and wholesale divisions.
- Active Listening
- Automotive Industry
- Medical Emergency