Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Systems Administrator II
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of IT systems set up by the Government to provide automated litigation support IT resources to specific cases.
- For large scale systems, the System Administrator (I or II) may assist and back up the Senior System Administrator. For more moderately sized systems, may be responsible for the entire installation.
- Responsible for keeping the systems and services up and running; monitoring, analyzing and optimizing server and system performance, including making recommendations for improving performance; performing scheduled system backups; assigning user IDs and passwords; allocating and tracking disk space; providing consulting support and advice to, and coordinating with, IT users responsible for specific applications/databases on the servers; identifying and ordering needed supplies, hardware, software and accessories; and performing hardware and software upgrades.
- Implements and enforces system, facility, and data security measures, including resources and procedures for patch management, security reporting, and disaster recovery.
- Administers not only hardware and operating system software, but also database and other applications software.
- Coordinates with the COR and DOJ technical staff on all these issues, and coordinates as well as with the DOJ office automation network administration staff on issues having to do with DOJ office automation networks.
- Reports on progress.
- Develops tools for system-wide use in developing applications; prepares system documentation.
- May have some supervisory responsibilities.
- Minimum interim Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field, AND
- 5 years of equivalent work experience in the IT field, AND
- expertise with NTFS, Active Directory, Group Policy, Remote Access, VPN, Scripting, VMWare virtualization technologies, with Cisco routers, switches or similar network equipment to deploy, troubleshooting and configuring, writing Windows batch and PowerShell scripts for automation and efficiency/consistency.
- Industry certifications, such as: VCP, MCSA, CCNP, etc., preferred.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Systems Administrator II - Immediate Interviews!
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
- Information Security
- Disaster Recovery
- Installations (Computer Systems)
- Network Administration
- Network Switches