Corestaff Services is seeking a dynamic Warehouse Manager for a rapidly growing food manufacturing company located in Orange, CA. This is a GREAT opportunity to get in with an organization that puts their customers 1st and is rapidly growing through acquisition.
The Warehouse Manager primary works in the warehouse and is responsible for managing all warehouse personnel and coordinating all shipping and receiving according to organizational Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s). The Warehouse Manager is also responsible for managing the Inventory Control System and Interfacing directly with personnel across all functional areas within the company to ensure the safe and timely document flow of raw materials and finished goods through the supply chain. In short, the Warehouse Manager is accountable for the overall efficient functioning of shipping and receiving, inventory and transfer point.
- Responsible to build a Safety-First culture.
- Oversee warehouse personnel, inventory personnel, and all other shipping and receiving personnel in order to ensure all items that are picked, transferred, received, or shipped are done so in accordance with SOP’s. Ensure all items are properly labelled and input into the inventory control system. Spot check employee’s paperwork and procedures in order to validate the proper receipt/shipment of all goods. Give direction and prioritization of effort to warehouse personnel.
- Manage all personnel and training and assume ultimate accountability for all warehouse safety and industry specific programs within defined area of responsibility. This includes but is not limited to OSHA, MSDS, Lockout Tagout, Allergen, HACCP, FDA, SQF, USDA programs and SOP’s. Allot time to train all individuals in program compliance.
- Put together and maintain the proper team for warehouse operations. Allocate warehouse resources in the most efficient way possible. Oversee, evaluate, motivate, train, and discipline warehouse employees as required. Look for and implement cost saving procedures that will improve overall company efficiency while potentially reducing personnel requirements
- Take responsibility for and accountability of all warehouse infrastructure, materials, and equipment. Ensure all areas are clean and order and all equipment in good working condition. Report neglect or abuse of property to ownership and train all employees on performing scheduled and "as needed" cleaning, inspection, and preventive maintenance on shipping/receiving areas and equipment.
Handle special projects as assigned by company ownership. Research opportunities for improved efficiency and organizational growth that impact both the top and bottom.
- Supervise the functions and working of the all warehouse workers.
- Delegate and assign tasks and targets and evaluate the working of staff.
- Comply with all legal and safety procedures of working.
- Manage inventory monitoring cycle counts and conduct audits of same to validate results.
- Create and implement proper shift allocations and ensuring efficiency of all warehouse staff.
- Organize and conduct necessary training activities for the staff and workers.
- Ensure the proper functioning of all warehouse tools and equipment.
- Have excellent leadership and administration skills and abilities.
- Have strong motivational skills and effectual team building capabilities.
- Have the ability to effectively manage time, resolve crises and decision making.
- Have the ability to efficiently coordinate workings with internal and external workers of the company.
- Communicate well both orally and in writing with team members, co-workers, and employees to obtain and provide useful information.
- Have intermediate computer skills including the capacity to understand and instruct others in the efficiencies of Microsoft Office and Enterprise Resource Management Software.
- Be able to effectively and efficiently manage time and targets.
- Be able to utilize and train others to use forklifts and other warehouse machinery and equipment (Load / Unload Product).
- Coordinate all work functions with co-workers, transporters and other organizational departments.
- Observe, record, and report unsafe working conditions.
- Be in compliance with all safety standards in working with multiple services, tools, and equipment.
- Follow orders and complete work assignments with a minimum of supervision.
- Have the ability to competently and effectively manage time and complete assigned work.