Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Successful candidate will have the ability to deploy and troubleshoot a mix of infrastructure delivery tasks as assigned. As this role is for a Senior Systems Analyst, a high expectation to be a resource to others and add to the broader strength and knowledge of others is a component.
Within Core Services Operations, you will help operate services to support growth in VMWare vSphere infrastructure product offerings. You will join the VMWare Operational Services Team as an SME in the support of VMware based infrastructure as well as Windows based systems. You will fulfill a cross-functional role by driving operational stability and performance enhancements to the supporting infrastructure. You’ll collaborate with other system administrators and engineers to pave the way for the future of infrastructure in our private cloud, moving beyond traditional practices. You have a passion for systems engineering, operational stability, monitoring & observability, automation, software defined networks, and security driven platform.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Effective operations of VMWare vSphere production infrastructure systems
- Effective operations of MS Windows 2012 R2 and newer production infrastructure systems
- Support of our internal private and hybrid cloud platform and multiple guest operating systems to ensure superior customer experience
- Participate in projects that help scale the environment, help implement best practices, and improve our overall methodology of operational support
- Work with others to maintain our on-prem server infrastructure
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in systems support for our production Core Services cloud environments
- Utilize VMware vROPs and reporting for confirmation, troubleshooting, and capacity
- On-call/off hours work will occasionally be required every few weeks
- Potential working hours 8AM-5PM or 1PM to 10PM
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Applicable undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience and Subject Matter Expert in Systems administration with VMWare vSphere infrastructure in a large enterprise in cloud environments
- 5+ years of experience and Subject Matter Expert in Windows System administration and troubleshooting experience in cloud environments
- 5+ years of experience and Subject Matter Expert in Windows Server 2012 R2 and higher supporting multiple applications
- 5+ years of experience and Subject Matter Expert in supporting secure, scalable, highly available infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience and Subject Matter Expert with PowerShell, PowerCLI, and other scripting languages to reduce repetitive labor
- 5+ years of experience and Subject Matter Expert working with change control, incident management, problem management and ITIL processes
- Ability to work an on-call rotation to provide support at all hours when needed every few weeks
- Ability to work 8AM-5PM or 1PM-10PM
- 2+ years of experience in with VMware NSX in an overlay/underlay deployment
- 2+ years of experience in ensuring network reliability and availability in a very large enterprise private cloud infrastructure
- 2+ years of experience in utilizing VMware vROPs, vRNI and other available tools for alerting and reporting
- 2+ years of experience in information security and network operations
- 2+ years of experience in exposure to RHEL/CentOS virtual servers
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.