JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and aircrews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
Performs a variety of fundamental field engineering tasks under general supervision of a senior level engineer, involved in the installation, operations, testing and maintenance of electronic equipment and systems.
• Conducts research and reference reading to assist higher-level engineers in obtaining technical information and keeps informed of currently approved standards, codes, and procedures applied to engineering specialty.
• Performs engineering or other highly technical tasks that are varied and may be somewhat difficult in character.
• Plans and carries out successive engineering steps and resolves technical problems by standard practices and techniques, such as tolerance studies and design calculations.
• Supports projects with limited scope or parts of more complex projects with detailed instructions on the intent and scope of the documents to be prepared.
• Generate sections of design specifications of more complex projects or complete specifications of less complex projects.
• Using computer-assisted test methods, conducts laboratory investigations on equipment or systems.
• Assists in preparation of reports, correspondence or technical studies.
• Studies currently approved standards, codes, and procedures applied to the engineering specialty.
• Prepare, deliver and submit technical presentations for in-process design and review meetings.
• Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested. Range Position Description This position will be responsible for analyzing malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds, and maintains ground support equipment, parts, accessories, and systems. The incumbent will be expected to:
• Operate equipment and troubleshoot malfunctions using electronic, digital, and hand tools in order to diagnose defects.
• Dismantle and examine parts for damage or excessive wear.
• Assess equipment serviceability and proper orientation.
• Perform scheduled and unscheduled mechanical maintenance and repair to heavy equipment, parts, accessories, and systems, all mechanical and hydraulic components, bearings, and motors.
• Repair, adjust, or replace defective engines and subassemblies.
• Repair corrosion, weld broken parts and structural components, and apply paint and/or other protective coatings and finishes to equipment.
• Reassemble equipment using hoists and hand tools.
• Realign the equipment and re-torque to required specifications.
• Test overhauled equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
• Service equipment with fuel, oil, water, coolant, hydraulic fluid, refrigerant, and compressed air.
• Maintain equipment records and document maintenance actions.
• Maintain external fuel and grounding systems.
• Dispose of hazardous material and waste in accordance with all state, local, and federal environmental standards and regulations.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
This position involves work typical of an office environment with no unusual hazards. There is occasional lifting (up to 20 pounds), constant sitting and use of a computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while writing, reviewing, and editing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness. Routine travel to remote Company work locations may be required.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree in Engineering or other technical discipline or formal academic/vocational/military training and a minimum of 7 or more years of technical/professional experience in the specialty field. Must have a professional knowledge of applicable engineering concepts and principles, and a familiarity with related engineering fields. Must have a practical knowledge of test methods and practices sufficient to perform routine to more complex engineering procedures and to prepare or make minor modifications of standard test procedures or test equipment work instructions. Position may require the ability to qualify for and maintain a Security Clearance. DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified. Rev A Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)