To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Spokane, WA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Civil Engineer - Transportation
CH2M & Jacobs • Spokane, WA
Posted 2 months ago
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our clients local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
The Jacobs Eastern Washington Transportation team is looking for creative, driven, technical engineering professionals to join our team. As part of our team your primary responsibility will be in the development and delivery of many exciting Local, State, and Federal transportation related projects. This position will directly support the Civil Engineering Supervisor on all aspects of capital improvement projects. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with vast growth opportunities. The Civil Engineer should have a general background in transportation related civil engineering disciplines, and have the ability to work in a team environment to support a rapidly growing Eastern Washington market.
In this role, the Civil Engineer will assist the Jacobs team by performing a wide range of civil engineering assignments. The Civil Engineer will work under the direction of a Civil Engineering Supervisor to deliver a wide range of exciting transportation capital improvement projects, including Civil 3D model creation, plans, specifications, and project estimate preparation. Other duties will include performing engineering calculations, research, planning, project scheduling, and client coordination.
This position(s) will provide service to the Eastern Washington market operating primarily out of Transportation Offices located in Yakima, and/or Spokane WA.
Jacobs will negotiate relocation assistance as applicable to the successful candidate.
- Performs Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD).
- Performs civil design calculations for a variety of projects, sketches, technical comparisons and similar technical work as required by assignment
- Prepares project cost estimates, exhibits, permit applications, alternative analysis, reports, right of way documents, plans, technical specifications, contract documents and schedules necessary for constructing a project.
- Develops, applies and coordinates design criteria, engineering standards, technical criteria and quality control procedures.
- Coordinates project assignments with those of other engineers and technicians in his/her discipline group under the direction of the Civil Engineering Supervisor.
- Reviews drawings supplied by contractors, clients, and engineers then recommends necessary changes.
- Evaluates project designs, and works with the design team(s) to identify design needs, alternatives, critical deadlines, and documents findings.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records and reports documenting the project design and engineering decisions as projects progress.
- Attends design review meetings, and interact with clients as his or her level of experience progresses
- Demonstrated ability to positively and effectively interact with diverse individuals to accomplish a common goal.
- Assists with other duties as assigned by Project Managers and Civil Engineering Supervisors.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering is preferred
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certificate is required
- At least 3 years of previous professional engineering design experience on transportation, water, and/or land development projects is required
- Working knowledge with local-city, AASHTO, MUTCD, ADA and WSDOT design standards as required
- At least 2 years of experience utilizing AutoCAD and Civil 3D is required, the use of Microstation, and InRoads is a plus
- Familiar with computer software programs to complete assigned work and prepare reports such as, MS Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Project), is required. Experience with ProjectWise, and other engineering related programs is a plus.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>